• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello From Kansas City

ernest_o

Joined Aug 13, 2018
I am planning to build a wooden electric smokehouse using a Venturi smoke generator with a digital temperature controller. I plan to build a 2x4 frame about 3' wide, 2' deep and 4' to 5' tall. My thought is to line it with concrete Backer board and cover over that with aluminum sheeting. Install fiberglass insulation then on the outside cover it with plywood milled siding. First I am nearly complete with my smoke generator but wondering if the aquarium air pump I have purchased will be adequate. Any thoughts on any of this would be appreciated.

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Welcome glad to have you on board. Some one with the help you need will be along.

Warren

ernest_o

Joined Aug 13, 2018
Thanks Warren, I have already gotten some ideas from one poster. I am curious about his 55,000 BTU heater. For about an equivalent interior volume, I had planned to build a 1000 watt heater from a roll of nichrome heater coil I have which would be about 3,410 BTU. Wondering how much I really need as I had planned to insulate my box as he did.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.