Hello from Italy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ryoma

Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
icon_lol.gif

I'm an italian boy and i'd like to build a Classic Texas style Horizontal offset smoker, because I can't find it il Italy and in Europe

In The USA with the forwarding charges it will cost too much, about 400-500 euro

The only solution is to build it on my own
I'd like to open a discussion to ask explanations on how I can make it.

I can't speak american but I can speak english, so I need you speak with a simple and fwent language to understand quickly and you use a lot of photos to understand the explanations.

Thanks for all
icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome to SMF. Italy huh, We're getting around now. Please tell your friends about us. As far as the offset, what type of materials do you have. The easiest in my opinion is to start with a 55 gallon drum. New one is best, but anything used for food is good. DON'T use anything galvanized. It is toxic. Just let us know what you're starting with and we'll help from there.

tygrrrrrrrr < ----- my cat just typed that walking on my laptop! He spells worse than I do!

Welcome Ryoma -
Do you have access to steel barrels or large propane tanks? That is what most people use. Many people here have built some wonderful smokers.

Benvenuto!

You have fouind the most intense, friendly, informative, meat smoking site on the internet!

There are alot of people who have built their own smokers on this site; I'm sure someone out there can help.

In the meantime, sit back, enjoy and absorb the knowledge offered here!

Welcome to SMF!!!

There are lots of good plans that you can find on the Internet that will aid you in getting your smoke on.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Ciao!!

Hi Ryoma!

Welcome to the SMF. You have found the place to be for great food, great friends, and great fun!

You will find many, many helpful, informative, and friendly folks here who can answer all of your questions about the fine art of smoking meat.

There are quite a few of us here that have built, or are in the process of building a smoker.

What ever questions you may have, just ask away, and there will be someone along with the answer you're looking for in short order.

Again, Welcome! Glad you found us, and thanks for joining us!

Hi
icon_lol.gif

Thank you for your hearty welcome

I have a little propane tank to build the firebox and I need a large propane tank to build the smoke chamber.
We are talking about the technique so I thing it is better to enter in the wood smoking section (Thread=Building an italian offset smoker).
If it is possible, please send in that section any type of answers about the technique.

Thanks to all
icon_mrgreen.gif

P.S. i can't speak english well, so my girlfriend translate my mail and your mail for me this is the reason of my delay
redface.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky