Hello from Indiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

substance-p

Original poster
Jun 25, 2023
Good afternoon-

After 14 years with a Big Steel Keg lump charcoal smoker, I had found myself only using the smoker a couple of times a year. My kids are old enough to enjoy BBQ and I am getting back into using the smoker-but have started looking into a pellet grill for some ease of use (with kids staying busy like they are on the weekends, the appeal of the pellet grill is calling).

I hope to hang out not only to help make a final decision (Traeger Timberline 850, RecTeq 1070, CampChef Woodwind Pro 24) but to also get ideas for new recipes and things to try out for the family.

Reactions: JLeonard
Hi, and welcome from Iowa! Good luck on your search for a pellet smoker... I have a Green Mountain and really like it. Have heard nothing but good about Rec Tec as well.

Ryan

Greetings, and welcome to the forum from New Mexico.
Just and FYI - Recteq is having 15% off this weekend.
The 1070 is a nice unit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky