Hello from Idaho

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bcaruthers

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 14, 2022
Nampa, Idaho
Hello everyone! My name is Bryant and I live just outside of Boise, Idaho. I am relatively new to smoking. I owned an older Traeger some time back, but didn’t get much use out of it before it stopped working. I am looking to buy a new smoker and start back up again. I am looking forward to learning from everyone and seeing pictures of delicious smokes.

Welcome from Virginia! I met my wife in San Diego, but she grew up in Sandpoint, so I’ve had a few visits to Boise. Beautiful state! You’ll learn a lot here!

Reactions: bcaruthers
Welcome from eastern Idaho!

What kink of smoker are you looking for? Oh and if you hang around here you will end up with more than one smoker because one, two, three, four, even five isn't enough.......

Welcome from eastern Idaho!

What kink of smoker are you looking for? Oh and if you hang around here you will end up with more than one smoker because one, two, three, four, even five isn't enough.......
I have been mainly looking at the WSM and PBC smokers, but I am open to suggestions.

I have been mainly looking at the WSM and PBC smokers, but I am open to suggestions.
I would suggest looking/consider a 26" Weber Kettle into that mix (similar price point). It will smoke very nicely with the same flavor profile as the above, but you get the functionality of direct grilling as well.

If you want a set it and forget it there are some nice new gravity feed type smokers as well as some pellet grills just a bit higher price point. Any way food for thought anyway......

Welcome to the forum! I'm from Twin Falls...I've been living on the east coast for work for a bunch of years, but hoping to move back to my native state within a year or two.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky