Hello from Gilbert Arizona

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Trailboss60

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 21, 2019
Gilbert, Arizona
I have been smoking and grilling for years, started on a Weber smokey Joe Kettle, and bought a New Braunfels Silver Smoker in the late 90's that I modded with a deflector panel from the wide open firebox hole. New Braunfels made a good cast iron smoker, but Char Broil bought them out several years ago, and started making them out of cheap metal. It has served me well for years, but in the near future I want to do some upgrades, as I refurbish it.... New fire resistant gasket materials, a firebox, and get some better cooking grates.

Sources for them parts are appreciated.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Welcome.

When I did the gaskets on my WeberSmokyMountain I bought the material at the local ACE hardware.Somebody out there may certainly sell higher end grates,much like several sites do for the WSM.

https://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/ is a great place to get stock parts for all kinds of grills and smokers.They do carry a fair amount of parts for older models.

Awesome, I have an ACE hardware atore down the street, and have done business with appliancefactoryparts on no smoker issues.

I appreciate the advice, thank you.

Welcome from Whetstone AZ. Gilbert at one time was a nice little town and the Pork Shop used to be out in the country. such is progress.

Reactions: Trailboss60
Welcome to the site happy to have ya join the fun. Most of the big box stores carry Weber products as well as others so if you need things like grates that's a good starting point.

Chris

Thank you for the warm welcome folks!
I was just in Sierra Vista for a few days desertlites, it was a nice reprieve from the valley of the sun...water actually fell from the sky down there...weird experience!:emoji_wink:

Lowe's is a non starter, I do work with some guys that are really good welders, I just need to do some research on what metals to pick up and find a local source...I need a charcoal basket, I am going to have it made with legs, so after the first few loads of coal aren't drowning in ash. The heat from the original firebox grates have become compromised because of the lesser gauge steel and firebox temps.

Gilbert is still a nice town, it is perennially one of the safest cities in nationwide surveys, and the old town flavor in the downtown has been hugely successful.

A great place to live, if you live in Maricopa county.

Well yes, Gilbert is a nice and well sized city now. Back in the day though, it was a small town surrounded by farmland and dairy farms which was the way most of the East Valley was back then.

I was at a big camping event near Alpine in 1979, that was in the pine woods around 9,000 feet. It's surprising how short-breathed you can be just doing something like climbing a small slope.

I moved to Gilbert from Sacto two weeks ago, we love it here and are never going back. BBQ Island in Tempe delivered me a Meadow Creek SQ36 yesterday, my reward for moving back to the DW relatives. I've got about ten days to get up to speed on the new Q, the whole fam damly is coming here for dinner. Nice to see there are so many folks from AZ here. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky