Hello from Georgia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pondhawk

Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Brooks,Georgia
Hi

Just signed up. I use the char-griller with side firebox and have the GOSM gas smoker.I use both a lot but I'm still in my learning curve and figure to be that way for a while.

Hope to learn and possibly share

Alan

Welcom Alan. You've found a wonderful site for learning and sharing. When my boyfreind and I started we used this site for our main source of info and the folks here never let us down. Look forward to hearing from you in other posts.

Welcome to SMF Alan. Like Lady J said you've found a wonderfull site for learning and sharing. Check out tulsajeff's Smoking Basics eCourse there is a lot of info there to get you started off right.

Greetings Alan,
Welcome to the forum. I spent a little over 30 years in Gerogia ... right out side of Atlanta in Covington. What part of Ga. are in?

Glad you found our forum and look forward to your posts and pix.

Hi again

I'm in Brooks.About 30 miles south of Atlanta.One of the few areas not considered a suburb of Atlanta yet and still has a country feel to it.

Alan

Welcome Alan,

I'm also from Georgia, 30 years outside of Atlanta in East Cobb County. Now live in South Florida. I have both of the sme smokers that you do I believe. I have aGOSM gas, and a Char Broil off set. This is a great site to learn and share.

Scott

Interesting! Those are the exact same smokers that I have. I got the wide body GOSM last Christmas and I really like it (it's the stainless steel double walled type). From what I've seen here on the forum they are hard to find now. Anyway, what a coincidence.

Florida Bill,
I just modified my Char Broil with the baffle and chimney extension yesterday. So I have not used it since the mods. I've always had decent results with it as it came out of the box but always felt that it could be better! Can't wait to try it with the modifications.

Scott

quite a few Ga. boys here. I was born in collage park, left in 80 to join marines still havent looked back. In cali now. Welcome and teach us well

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky