Hello from Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

danessmoker

Original poster
Jul 28, 2011
Sarasota, FL
Hi everyone, my name is Dane and I am located on the westcoast of Florida in Sarasota. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic. I have been smoking for close to 2 years. I am currently using a Chargriller Professional Smoker which I tend to like for the time being. I would like to upgrade to a Lang at some point in the future.

The majority of my smokes have been pulled pork, ribs and chicken leg quarters. I always make my own rubs but never measure and can't repeat the same thing twice. I would like to venture more into rubs and my own sauces. I have been reading this site for the past few months and love all the information you guys have and appreciate the help. 

I will be doing my first brisket this weekend that I am stoked about. I am sure I will have some questions and will appreciate any advice. The brisket is a 16 pounder (I know, huge), but I got it for 99 cents a pound from Target. I am starting the smoke around 1pm on Saturday and plan to have a Qview going through the smoke. 

I look forward to meeting you all.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to  your first qview. 
icon14.gif
 I rarely measure myself also, keeps it interesting. 
biggrin.gif

Welcome to our SMF family!  Currently I'm in Englewood, right down the street from you, but going back this morning to Fort Worth - my MIL passed away.  Wife staying for another week.  Thank you for all you do!  We're all here to help, answer questions, but besides all that - we're drool pigs - we want to see your smokes so we can all drool and it prompts us all to do more ourselves!  So post lots of Qview (pictures of your smokes) so we can gum up some keyboards!
drool.gif

Welcome to SMF Dane. I just joined myself and have already filled up my noggin with tons of info. I think the guys I work with are tired of hearing about smoking meat! Look forward to your Qviews and any recipes you have.

Ash

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky