Hello from Dallas, Tx

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome to the loony bin full of enablers Phil. We have a reputation for being great spenders of other people's money so be forewarned. Also, you best watch out for that Brian character. He is trouble personified!! Before ya know it he's gonna hve you cooking all sorts of amazing stuff, fishing on Lake Texoma, and hanging out in the brew pub. All of this after he's melted a few of your credit cards with gadgets you just gotta have :emoji_laughing:

This is very similar to how I do mine but I use the insert from a large roasting pan, braising liquid in the bottom, brisket on a rack, and onto the grill (top rack, indirect heat) covered with the lid for the pan after hitting an IT of 160 or so. Using the lid versus foil makes it far easier to check on it and/or baste if you deem necessary. Keep us posted!!

Robert from Central Texas
Yeah. My buddy and I talked ourselves into getting offsets over the past few weeks. Just ordered them today. He cost me a bit of money. I was going to get a kamado style grill. I am also very susceptible to gadget recommendations.

I will try the roasting pan method. Thanks!

Phil

Welcome from Missouri! I am very new also!

The folks here will have a lot better advise than me. I will say the cut of meat will result in a more tastier brisket. I noticed they frequently carry Choice Brisket. The price is not as cheap as the prices mentioned above, but, cheaper than most places.

I am certain you will get great advice here and get where you want to go with your briskets!

Reactions: filphrench
Welcome from Missouri! I am very new also!

The folks here will have a lot better advise than me. I will say the cut of meat will result in a more tastier brisket. I noticed they frequently carry Choice Brisket. The price is not as cheap as the prices mentioned above, but, cheaper than most places.

I am certain you will get great advice here and get where you want to go with your briskets!
My apologies; by (they frequently carry Choice Brisket) I am referring to Costco. Doh!

Welcome from Maryland's Easterner Shore
Brisket is a practice item and following the good instructions you will find on here most important is the internal temperature. You can't rush a brisket.

Warren

Welcome Phil! here's a tip i gleaned from all of the youtube videos i've watch over the past ... 6 months or so. place the fat cap toward your heat source... on an offset -- that's fat cap up since the heat travels across the top of the cook chamber. on a pellet grill, i think that hot spot comes from the bottom... so i'd try putting the fat cap down to protect the meat from the heat source. just 'food' for thought ;)

Welcome Phil! here's a tip i gleaned from all of the youtube videos i've watch over the past ... 6 months or so. place the fat cap toward your heat source... on an offset -- that's fat cap up since the heat travels across the top of the cook chamber. on a pellet grill, i think that hot spot comes from the bottom... so i'd try putting the fat cap down to protect the meat from the heat source. just 'food' for thought ;)
I think your tip was right on. Smoked a brisket about a week ago and it came out really good. Cooked fat side down on my pellet grill, point toward the hot side, after the stall did the foil boat method with the fat side up. Pulled at temp and tenderness and let rest about 8 hours at 150. Probably the best I ever made. Still need to make some changes but I was happy with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky