Hello from Carleton, Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

skinnyt

Original poster
Dec 19, 2014
Carleton, Mi
Hi everyone. My name is Tom, I live about 45 minutes SW of Detroit. For the last couple of years I've mainly been smoking ribs only. I think I've got those down pretty good. Now I am going to try my hand at sausage making. I'm starting with summer sausage. I would like to get into doing Brats, salami, and those little snack sticks.

I have a horizontal barrel smoker, with an offset fire box. I use hardwood lump charcoal only for fuel, and hickory or mesquite logs for smoke. This new year I am going to attempt my first brisket.

Looking forward to getting to know Y'all.

Have a good one and Merry Christmas.

Tom F (aka Skinny T)

Welcome to the forum.  The search bar at the top of the page should become your best friend.  Have a question or a problem simply search it there.  There are many sausage makers here who can help and guide you through the process.  There are also some nice articles, just search for them.

Richard

Welcome to SMF lots of great people on this site, willing to answer any questions you have

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cloudy, rainy and cold day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary 

Welcome from Louisiana. You will find a wealth of knowledge here from members who are happy to share it. Don't hesitate to ask questions and take advantage of the search bar.

Welcome to the forum SkinnyT. I'm in Taylor and its nice to see somebody else that is close by. I'm in Carleton every now and then because my mom lives just around the S curve by the firehall. You'll have no problem finding anything and everything that you want to know about smoking on this site. And if not, just ask and someone will be by shortly to answer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky