Hello from Beautiful South Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kingmac

Original poster
Apr 13, 2014
This is Kingmac from Live Oak, just outside San Antonio. I am a new member of the SMF forum, and now I am a part of a forum devoted to all things Texan. I am pleased to be here and learn more about smoking, grilling, and just having a great time and good eats.

I'm not a native Texan (unfortunately) but I got here as fast as I could. But my wife is a native Texan born in Kingsville.I have been in and out of Texas since 1963 owing to my service in the US Army. I  have been in Texas since 1974 and retired from the Army in 1983.

Hey Kingmac,

Just down the road from you near Windcrest. New to the SMF also. Usually smoke on a New Braunfels Bandera, but last fall purchased a Masterbuilt electric smoker. Got some chicken wings on the MES over some cherry wood.

Welcome Dale--

I also own a MES and have for over a year now. Actually, I have four grills/smokers; the MES, a Char Broil Gas Grill, a propane Char Broil Big Easy, and a Oklahoma Joe grill/smoker with an offset wood box.  Have not used the gas grill for over a year now, but use the other three on a regular basis.. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky