Hello from Arkansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tgjones85

Original poster
Aug 30, 2014
Arkadelphia, AR
My name is Tommy and I live in Arkadelphia Arkansas. I have a passion for grilling and smoking meats. I love the looks on peoples faces when they try my food and I see the genuine pleasure they get from eating it. 

Hello Tommy, good evening from East Texas and welcome to the forum. Lots of great information and real good people here.  Love Lake DeGray 

Gary S

Whitehouse, 8 miles south of the loop in Tyler

Gary

welcome1.gif
 From a fellow Arkie.

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

Really growing now Building a new huge mall down South Broadway (south of Cumberland, put a toll road around Tyler

Gary

Yeah and they are putting an In & Out in too. That's gonna be real nice. I will be back down for Christmas, we go down a few times a year to my sisters.

Hey Tommy, just north of you is Amity I have a lot of relatives buried there in Jones Cemetery . One of the main roads through town is Owens Ave.  My grandfather and his people were all Owens, 

Gary S

Reactions: golftmann
Hello from Hot Springs AR. Just acquired my father's Master built ES and am trying a pork butt in his memory and honor. Injected and rubbed last night and put in the smoker at 7:30 this morning at 235°… Going to check internal temp at the 4 hour mark. Am shooting for 180° when finished. I'm thinking about an hour per lb
Have I missed anything? Happy smoking all!

Good morning you going for sliced or pulled ? if you are going for pulled take it on up to 205 º. Probably going to to take a while my last couple of 9 pounders took about 12 hours at 225 º

Love Hot Springs, When my Grandparents left Amity, moved to Arkadelphia the to Hot Springs. We try to get up there a couple of time a year, We were three back in July.

Gary S

Thanks for the reply Gary. Its usually pulled pork by default because when I get ready to begin serving, the 'pullers' show up. So I need to get my internal temp to 205° and then wrap it and put it in the ice chest for an hour or so, correct? Appreciate the input.
Tyler

You got it,  Have a great day and a wonderful meal.

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky