Hello from Alabama!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Angel0301

Original poster
Jan 19, 2020
Hi everyone! I’m Angel...live in the Birmingham area with my husband, kids and dogs.
In an effort to save money and get good healthy meat, we have recently started raising hogs and chickens to slaughter. Of course when you end up with bulk amounts of meat, you get curious about all the things you can do with it, which led me here!
My husband is the griller and smoker (he makes a mean Boston Butt!! Mmmm), I am more interested in curing and things of that nature. Looking forward to learning from y’all!
~Angel

Welcome from Wisconsin. :emoji_cat:

If you are going to get into home meat production, you may want to get a hold of this book. It is a treasure trove of knowledge on meat processing.

Home prod of meat.jpg

JC :emoji_cat:

Thanks everyone, for the welcome! I plan to try my hand at curing bacon and will be using Pop’s recipe. Thanks, JC for the book recommendation, hoping I can grab it off Amazon!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky