Hello for Colorado!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schondel

Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Colorado
Hi All!

My name is Julie. I love to cook (Dh loves to eat, great match) Hubby bought me a smoker for Christmas and I'm so excited to smoke everything I can. :yahoo: I have a Masterbuilt Sportsmen Elite with remote. We live at 6400 ft altitude on 4 acres. We had livestock for 6-7 yrs and are down to 2 dogs. Today I smoked a chicken breast with applewood chips just to experiment. It was wonderful! My hubby even liked it and he doesn't like chicken breast because he says they are always dry. It came out juicy with great flavor.

I'm not always a big poster on forums but love to read them. But, I'm sure I will have lots of questions so this may be an exception.

Looking forward to learning lots!

Btw, is there a list of acronyms somewhere? Some are easy to figure out but others have me stumped.

Julie

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the site!  There is a virtual gold mine of information on here and I've only scratched the surface as I'm somewhat of a newbie myself. 

I'll be moving back to CO next year to a bit higher elevation than you are and I've been wondering if I have to relearn my smoker.  Guess I'll find out soon enough!

Welcome to the group Julie!  Congrats on that new Masterbuilt!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Thank you all for the warm welcome!  I'm hoping some of you might be able to help with an issue I had yesterday during my first smoke.  There was smoke escaping from the upper right corner of the door due to a gap between the seal and the smoker.  This morning when I examined it in better light the paint had bubbled in an area about an inch square. opposite the gap.  Is this normal?

Welcome to the forum! I have the same model and love it! I suggest experimenting with different cuts and woods!

Remember!

:th_nopicsye3:

Let's see some Qview!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky