Hello all.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

marana smoke

Original poster
Jan 16, 2015
Marana AZ.
New to the forum, but not to grilling and meat smoking. I have had a Char griller smoker for about ten years, and it has finally all but rusted through in the fire box so last weekend while looking to get a new one at lowes, I fell for a masterbuilt electric smoker instead. already ran a Tri tip through it, and it turned out pretty good. I have a sirloin roast sitting in the fridge right now waiting for tomorrow. I'm sure it will take a few trial and errors to make the transition to the electric rig (mainly not having to babysit it nearly as much) anyway looks like a lot of good info here and I look forward to learning a thing or two. 

texas.gif
  Good  morning and welcome to the forum, from a beautiful sunny and chilly day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

Congrats on the new smoker keep us posted on the sirloin smoke   Be sure and post pictures

Gary

Thanks guys, and it does look like there is a lot of good info here. and I will get some pictures up here in a little while. it just went in the smoker about 9 am. I let it marinade about 12 hours in salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder with Worcestershire sauce. it was a very lean trimmed roast so I draped it with a couple layers of cheap bacon. for wood I'm using a 70/30 mix of pecan and mesquite.  set the temp on the smoker at 210. think I may try to throw a few potatoes in there in a few hours and see how those turn out. 

soaking in the bag.

Draped and going in the smoke. 

ETA. pics.

Last edited:
Looking good   I'll be watching

Gary

Well, blew the timing on the taters. they had about an hour of smoke but are finishing off in the oven. dang roast "plateaued" on the temp at about 120 which on the wood burner usually gives me about 2 hours tossed the taters in and an hour later its at 141 (checked with 2 different thermometers) so its being held wrapped nice and tight.

here she is just coming out of the smoker

Smells really good, I cant wait to carve it up

drool.gif

I have a 4lb pork tenderloin in the freezer that will most likely be next weekends experiment. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky