Hello Again

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Danno44

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 8, 2018
I did introduction post in the wrong section yesterday I think (Roll Call).
Quick recap, from Michigan. Started smoking about 6 years ago with an LP Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite that died this spring.
Just bought an OKJ Highland a couple weeks ago, snagged it on a clearance sale for a decent price, at least for this area.
Stick burning is new to me, have used it 3 times now and learning as I go.
I have a lot to learn and look forward to being a part of the group here.
My baby backs results from yesterday.
c8xdOY3.jpg

I did introduction post in the wrong section yesterday I think (Roll Call).
Quick recap, from Michigan. Started smoking about 6 years ago with an LP Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite that died this spring.
Just bought an OKJ Highland a couple weeks ago, snagged it on a clearance sale for a decent price, at least for this area.
Stick burning is new to me, have used it 3 times now and learning as I go.
I have a lot to learn and look forward to being a part of the group here.
My baby backs results from yesterday.
c8xdOY3.jpg
nice shrinkage on bones, what did you use for rub?

nice shrinkage on bones, what did you use for rub?
Thanks. I cheated with these and used a rub my butcher sells called “Butt Rub”.
Tnwaqte.jpg

cNXt3aH.jpg

It’s actually pretty good for a pre-packaged rub. A little spicy but not overpowering.

The ribs look great. I use the honey SBR sauce on my ribs. They do a really good job with a sweet sauce. For only your third cook it sure looks like you've got a handle on your OKJ. I look forward to seeing more of your cooks.

George

Reactions: Danno44
Good job. Those ribs look great. There’s nothing wrong with using pre made rubs and sauces. Sometimes I do sometimes I don’t. Sweet baby rays is usually my fallback! Thanks for posting.

Welcome to the site, and have fun using that OKJ.

Nice ribs BTW.

Chris

Last edited:
Welcome Danno! enjoy the forums... Im new here too, but not new to smokin and Queing and have found a wealth of knowledge in a friendly community!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky