Having smoke issues with A-Maze-N Smoker Tray - MES40

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a MB, and tried the A-maze-n numerous times. In my experience it stays lit maybe 25% of the time. Tried everything with the chip drawer, tried microwaving the pellets, drying out the pellets in the oven, could never get it reliable enough to count on. Very frustrating. Just bought a camp chef pellet grill. Does the A-maze-n work better in pellet grills?

For the most part trays dont work in pellet smokers most of us use the tube in ours. But give it a shot maybe it will work in your.
Thanks for the info. Do you know why? What's the functional difference? Is there any one tube brand/model that is known to work well?

As I understand it tubes were made for low oxygen environments, as far as brands I dont think one is better then the other I forget what brand I have but I think I paid around 10 bucks for it off Amazon.

I have a MB, and tried the A-maze-n numerous times. In my experience it stays lit maybe 25% of the time. Tried everything with the chip drawer, tried microwaving the pellets, drying out the pellets in the oven, could never get it reliable enough to count on. Very frustrating. Just bought a camp chef pellet grill. Does the A-maze-n work better in pellet grills?
I had similar problems with the tray in my MB .. Went through all the same steps to get pellets to stay lit. No luck. Then I tried the tube smoker. Couldn't be happier. As someone else mentioned, a full tube will maybe give you a longer burn than you want. So far, I've used Camp Chef Competition and Traeger apple pellets. Good results with both. BTW, I sometimes open the MB chip hopper an inch or so to get a little more airflow.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky