Have to put my smoking on hold this season

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you for your service , Justin. God bless and keep you. Till we see you in the Smoke . . .later.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Well everyone the deployment is coming to an end here soon, can't wait to get back to the land of the free, it's been a rough 6 months but it's been a great deployment with some great marines, I was lucky enough to be one of the last marines to leave Helmand province, camp leatherneck/bastion is officially turned over to the afghans, now it's time to come home to the wife and dog. So the food out here has been pretty pathetic which isn't a surprise but I'm definitely ready for some real home smoked bbq, I'm thinkin some ribs to start out with for a welcome home smoke, then maybe have a little get together and do a brisket, some pulled pork, and a couple fatties, thanks to everyone for the support and the prayers it means a lot to see people who respect service men/women. Again thank you everyone and happy smokin, I'll be home soon!!!

Glad your deployment is comming to an end!!! Be sure to let everyone know when your back in the states. I bet you are realy ready to smell that TBS and sink your teeth into a big ole hunk of smoked meat!!!

I noticed this was an older post , however, are you back yet
icon_question.gif
and if you're not and have a 'puter , say hi and stay low... ( sorry for the pun). We want to have you as a reg. member. Thank you for your service to Our country...

Stan

Really , post if you can...

Hey everyone thank you for the support, oldschool, not back yet and I only have access to the internet every so often but don't worry as soon as I get back and settled there will be plenty of posts, again thank you everyone for the support and prayers it means a lot.

Well everyone the deployment is coming to an end here soon, can't wait to get back to the land of the free, it's been a rough 6 months but it's been a great deployment with some great marines, I was lucky enough to be one of the last marines to leave Helmand province, camp leatherneck/bastion is officially turned over to the afghans, now it's time to come home to the wife and dog. So the food out here has been pretty pathetic which isn't a surprise but I'm definitely ready for some real home smoked bbq, I'm thinkin some ribs to start out with for a welcome home smoke, then maybe have a little get together and do a brisket, some pulled pork, and a couple fatties, thanks to everyone for the support and the prayers it means a lot to see people who respect service men/women. Again thank you everyone and happy smokin, I'll be home soon!!!

Hey smokering90, glad to hear your at the end of the deployment. Have a safe trip home ! Thank you again for your service & sacrifice ! Also a thank you to your family as it surely can't be easy to be apart for 6 months ! Can't wait to see your Q view of them ribs ! Thumbs Up

Take care,

:beercheer:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky