Have I lost my way?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
I sometimes over research things...true.
This is my base SD recipe that works very well about 90% of the time. I have had a few odd looking but good tasting outcomes. but I feel like I need a sanity check on the recipe as I went to find where I got it and cant locate it. If it matters - I live in a very dry state.

• 100g Starter
  • 350g water
  • 500g flour
  • 10g salt
The process after mixing is the well established autolyse, pull fold, etc. that part I am not worried about.

thanks in advance to the bread makers.

Close to mine except I use 375 water. Of coarse humidity effects that. I am far from an expert! My recipe calls for 400 water but that usually way to much. If dough is dry I just wet my hands when folding to add a little water. My other recipe uses 350 water and only 50 starter but it bulks overnight.

Reactions: sandyut
perfect thank you! I'll stay the course. Most round loaves are real nice. One didnt rise much and looked funny but tasted great.

I want to try a loaf in a bread pan. I have a batch I started last night, gonna try the 10x5 bread pan with it.

100g of starter is allot

your making 1 boule?
yeah, just one at a time. My current batch started with about 70g as I ran low after a mishap. in winter (and still this spring) my house is never above 68. Summer with AC blasting I let it get quite a bit warmer.

perfect thank you! I'll stay the course. Most round loaves are real nice. One didnt rise much and looked funny but tasted great.

I want to try a loaf in a bread pan. I have a batch I started last night, gonna try the 10x5 bread pan with it.
This the one I use for my loaf but hydration to high for me. I cut back to 375 water and use all white bread flour.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky