Have I lost my way?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
I sometimes over research things...true.
This is my base SD recipe that works very well about 90% of the time. I have had a few odd looking but good tasting outcomes. but I feel like I need a sanity check on the recipe as I went to find where I got it and cant locate it. If it matters - I live in a very dry state.

• 100g Starter
  • 350g water
  • 500g flour
  • 10g salt
The process after mixing is the well established autolyse, pull fold, etc. that part I am not worried about.

thanks in advance to the bread makers.

Close to mine except I use 375 water. Of coarse humidity effects that. I am far from an expert! My recipe calls for 400 water but that usually way to much. If dough is dry I just wet my hands when folding to add a little water. My other recipe uses 350 water and only 50 starter but it bulks overnight.

Reactions: sandyut
perfect thank you! I'll stay the course. Most round loaves are real nice. One didnt rise much and looked funny but tasted great.

I want to try a loaf in a bread pan. I have a batch I started last night, gonna try the 10x5 bread pan with it.

100g of starter is allot

your making 1 boule?
yeah, just one at a time. My current batch started with about 70g as I ran low after a mishap. in winter (and still this spring) my house is never above 68. Summer with AC blasting I let it get quite a bit warmer.

perfect thank you! I'll stay the course. Most round loaves are real nice. One didnt rise much and looked funny but tasted great.

I want to try a loaf in a bread pan. I have a batch I started last night, gonna try the 10x5 bread pan with it.
This the one I use for my loaf but hydration to high for me. I cut back to 375 water and use all white bread flour.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky