Hash Brown & Egg Casserole

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA

Found this on the Internet, and only made a couple of very slight changes.
This has Sausage, Bacon, and Cheese, so it has to be Good!!!

Ingredients “We Used”:
1 (2 pound pack) of frozen Hash Brown Taters—Thawed.
1 Pound Pork Sausage.
8 oz of Bacon pieces.
5 Large Eggs.
1/2 Cup of Milk.
1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
1/8 tsp of Garlic Powder.
Salt & Black Pepper to taste. (We skipped the Salt)
12 oz of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.

Directions:
Step #1:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 2 quart Baking Dish. Spread the Hash Browns in the bottom of Baking Dish.

Step #2:
Heat a Frying pan over medium heat, and cook the Sausage & Bacon until the Sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink—Drain.
Meanwhile whisk together the Eggs, Milk, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, & Pepper, and pour over the Taters.
Layer with Half the Cheddar Cheese, the Sausage & Bacon Mixture, and the remaining Cheddar Cheese.
Cover with Aluminum Foil.

Step #3:
Bake in Preheated 350° oven for 1 hour. Remove Foil Cover, return casserole to oven, and Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean (about 10 minutes). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

The rest is explained in my Pics below, and you’ll notice after a couple helpings, I thought it got a bit Dry, so I added a good dose of “Frank’s Hot Sauce” to moisten it up a little.

Thanks for Stopping By,

Bear

Cut up & Cook Bacon, and cut up Sausage:
IMG_6097.jpeg

Cook Sausage:
IMG_6098.jpeg

Bacon, Sausage, and Hash Browns ready:
IMG_6099.jpeg

Spread Hash Browns in bottom of Baking Dish:
IMG_6100.jpeg

Whisk together the Eggs, Milk, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, & Pepper:
IMG_6101.jpeg

Pour Mixture over Hash Browns:
IMG_6102.jpeg

Layer half of the Cheese next:
IMG_6103.jpeg

Layer the Sausage & Bacon Next:
IMG_6104.jpeg

Spread Sausage & Bacon:
IMG_6105.jpeg

Top with the rest of the Shredded Cheese:
IMG_6106.jpeg

Cover with Aluminum Foil, and Bake @ 350° for 1 hour:
IMG_6107.jpeg

Remove Foil, and Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean (about 10 minutes). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
IMG_6109.jpeg

Bear's First Helping:
IMG_6110.jpeg

Chopped into pieces & add CBP:
IMG_6112.jpeg

Leftover after first Night's Supper:
IMG_6113.jpeg

Last piece was a Bit Dry, so I added some Frank's to mine:
IMG_6114.jpeg

This looks really good Bear! Thanks for sharing this. I may save this for our Christmas morning breakfast. I like to do something I can throw in the oven while the kids open their gifts from Santa. Looks tasty for sure!

Some good looking bear bait! I make something pretty close to this. And I love hot sauce on it.

Good looking stuff Bear! I love casseroles like that

Ryan

Found this on the Internet, and only made a couple of very slight changes.
This has Sausage, Bacon, and Cheese, so it has to be Good!!!

Ingredients “We Used”:
1 (2 pound pack) of frozen Hash Brown Taters—Thawed.
1 Pound Pork Sausage.
8 oz of Bacon pieces.
5 Large Eggs.
1/2 Cup of Milk.
1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
1/8 tsp of Garlic Powder.
Salt & Black Pepper to taste. (We skipped the Salt)
12 oz of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.

Directions:
Step #1:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 2 quart Baking Dish. Spread the Hash Browns in the bottom of Baking Dish.

Step #2:
Heat a Frying pan over medium heat, and cook the Sausage & Bacon until the Sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink—Drain.
Meanwhile whisk together the Eggs, Milk, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, & Pepper, and pour over the Taters.
Layer with Half the Cheddar Cheese, the Sausage & Bacon Mixture, and the remaining Cheddar Cheese.
Cover with Aluminum Foil.

Step #3:
Bake in Preheated 350° oven for 1 hour. Remove Foil Cover, return casserole to oven, and Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean (about 10 minutes). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

The rest is explained in my Pics below, and you’ll notice after a couple helpings, I thought it got a bit Dry, so I added a good dose of “Frank’s Hot Sauce” to moisten it up a little.

Thanks for Stopping By,

Bear

Cut up & Cook Bacon, and cut up Sausage:
View attachment 470952

Cook Sausage:
View attachment 470953

Bacon, Sausage, and Hash Browns ready:
View attachment 470954

Spread Hash Browns in bottom of Baking Dish:
View attachment 470955

Whisk together the Eggs, Milk, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, & Pepper:
View attachment 470956

Pour Mixture over Hash Browns:
View attachment 470957

Layer half of the Cheese next:
View attachment 470958

Layer the Sausage & Bacon Next:
View attachment 470959

Spread Sausage & Bacon:
View attachment 470960

Top with the rest of the Shredded Cheese:
View attachment 470961

Cover with Aluminum Foil, and Bake @ 350° for 1 hour:
View attachment 470962

Remove Foil, and Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean (about 10 minutes). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
View attachment 470963

Bear's First Helping:
View attachment 470964

Chopped into pieces & add CBP:
View attachment 470966

Leftover after first Night's Supper:
View attachment 470968

Last piece was a Bit Dry, so I added some Frank's to mine:
View attachment 470973

Mmmmmmm good!
As I was scrolling through I was thinking "now it just needs some hot sauce" and then saw the last pic and was like EXACTLY!!! hahahaha :D

Great work and great post! :D

Heck yeah bear. Wife makes one almost the same. We love them for any meal but especially supper

Thank You Jake!!
Yup---Any Meal here too.

Bear

This looks really good Bear! Thanks for sharing this. I may save this for our Christmas morning breakfast. I like to do something I can throw in the oven while the kids open their gifts from Santa. Looks tasty for sure!

Thank You Travis!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks delicious Bear. I've never made one of these, but seems very doable. It's perfect for any meal for sure. You could probably alter some of the ingredients as well. I notice you used shredded hash browns. I wonder if it would work with diced hash browns? If they could be spread as evenly I guess. Great job! Big like!

Some good looking bear bait! I make something pretty close to this. And I love hot sauce on it.

Thank You Steve!!
Yup---I'm always testing Bear Bait, and this is one of the Good ones.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Mmmmmmm good!
As I was scrolling through I was thinking "now it just needs some hot sauce" and then saw the last pic and was like EXACTLY!!! hahahaha :D

Great work and great post! :D

Thank You Tall !!
LOL---Yup, I love My Frank's!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky