Has anyone tried the Allegro Brisket Marinade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trevcunn, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I'm going to do a brisket this weekend and thought about giving this a try. Does anyone have any experience or heard anything on this? I've used the regular Allegro marinade and it is excellent, I would expect this to be good as well. Thanks for your thoughts

2. bruno994

bruno994 Master of the Pit

I have yet to come across the brisket marinade, but I have used the regular Allegro marinade for years on steaks.  The only thing with marinating a brisket, it's not going to get very deep into the meat, depending on the thickness of the brisket.  If your doing a smallish flat only, say in the 4-6 pound range, it might do fine.  A better choice might be injecting the marinade into the meat in a checkerboard fashion.  Or if you would rather marinade, score the fat side of the meat so that the marinade can penetrate both sides, then marinade for about 3-4 days, instead of just overnight, flipping the meat every 12 hours or so to try and get the marinade in the meat evenly.  I have tried marinating in the past, but prefer to inject with a commercial injection, rub it down and smoke it.  Good luck to you.

3. Yes I really enjoy the regular on my steaks. I might give it a try and see how it turns out just so we all know. It's got me interested now.

4. Thanks for your info by the way!

5. dj mishima

dj mishima Meat Mopper

How did it turn out?

I just saw this marinade at the grocery store for the first time.

6. I know this thread is old, but just to add to it for anyone else who may happen across it, just because it is a marinade doesn't mean you can't use it as an injection.

I have used Brisket Sauce for over 6 years now as an injection for my briskets.