Has anybody heard of HQ Fabrication Smokers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txlonghornbrian

Original poster
Oct 9, 2016
I am in Bakersfield, CA and I'm hoping to find a good smoker for sale (Lang, Jambo, etc). I came across this local place called HQ fabrication that custom makes smokers and I wanted to see if anyone has heard anything about these smokers. Here's the link to their site:

http://hqfabrication.jimdo.com

I'm in Iowa and have not heard of them. I do know a thing or two about welding though, and the smokers shown are done well. the drain could be messy to clean but I like it. the expanded metal all looks good and the damper on the stack is done well. I'm not sure of the pricing, but what's not to like?
welder.gif

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been over to see it in person yet, but it looks like the fundamental design was based on the Lang. I can get a Lang 36 shipped to me for $1800, probably $2500 for the Lang 48. Considering this one is $2000 plus tax I'm thinking it might be a little pricey unless it really cooks well.

Ideally I can find someone in California who knows what real BBQ is about and has a nice pit they want to sell :)

I bought a smoker from HQ Fabrication.  Unfortunately, they have closed their business.  I tried to contact the owner last month when I cooked a pig on the smoker that they built for me.  If you bring up their website, it says permanently closed.  

I bought mine from Bakersfield BBQ Pits as well. Works great and maintains the heat very well. Too bad he's not making them anymore. Glad I got mine before he stopped. You might want to check in Visalia. Sorry I can't remember the name. I Googled BBQ Smokers and got a few hits. Also Kats Smokers look well made. I didn't buy one from him because he didn't return my call and left when I went to his place to look at them. Then I found Bakersfield BBQ Pits and the rest is history. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies. If you guys know anyone in town who is selling a good pit, please send them my way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky