Hard Cider Injection

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seandog

Original poster
May 17, 2014
Doing another pork butt for a family gathering this Saturday. Last one was fantastic, 13 hours on the smoker. I was thinking of injecting this one with Woodchuck Hard Cider. I can't find regular cider and wanted to try something. Any thoughts?

Do it and report back
biggrin.gif

Im not an injector type of guy.  I like the pork to taste like the pork and the butts have so much fat they don't dry out.  To each their own though.......I would think it would work ok. 

Scott

Thanks for the info, Addertooth. I never gave that a thought.

How about just Apple juice? I don't want to ruin it.

If you inject before smoking, you should get the meat from 40* to 140* Internal Temp (Danger Zone) in no longer than 4 hours.

This also goes for probing the meat in any way. If you want to put a meat probe (Temp) in it, wait until after 3 hours of smoking.

This is why I never inject anything.

Bear

Meat is rubbed and in the fridge. I did inject some apple juice just for kicks. It will be on the smoker by 0300 tomorrow.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky