Harbor Freight shears

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yea, y'all can have your poultry shears. These suckers whooped the backbone out of this turkey like it wasn't even there. You can keep them on an upward angle enough to keep your hand out of the cavity and they work fine. This bird was even partially frozen when I fabricated it.

Spatchcock turkey.jpg

Exactly . I did metal stud and drywall construction for 30 years . I do all kinds of things with right handed snips .

Reactions: TNJAKE
Cleaning ... pop spring out from between handles, remove nut holding blades together, sanitize and reassemble. Easy peasy! Best pair of shears I ever took to a turkey, and I have done a lot of spatchcock turkey.

Reactions: chopsaw
I’m a fan of shears for processing game birds but for spatchcocking I just whip out grandma’s old cleaver. But I get it, whatever works 😎

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky