Nor-Easter ,work from home day *** this just in 40 cm to 80 cm for this weekend WTF ***

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Snow looks pretty David. We are just north of where the storm hit VT, and only got about an inch. That's gone now, but the cold/wind is still here. Stay warm and get an Ariens snowblower. It will toss the heavy stuff with ease and the fluffy stuff - well lets just say my neighbor isn't to happy. LOL

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
I'm glad to share some snow with you! We are gonna be over 40 and sunny today... I like it!

Ryan
I'm with you Ryan,

I loved the snow when I was still hunting Canada and Snow Geese. Those days in the field with my best friend and Lab Molly were some of the best times of my life.
But now. . .You can keep every flake of that snow (my apologies to all the skiers).

All it is good for now is shoveling. . .And as you can guess, I'm not too fond of that either. . .LOL! But so far, we have been lucky. Haven't had much this year.

Keep on smoking & shoveling guys,

John

Snow looks pretty David. We are just north of where the storm hit VT, and only got about an inch. That's gone now, but the cold/wind is still here. Stay warm and get an Ariens snowblower. It will toss the heavy stuff with ease and the fluffy stuff - well lets just say my neighbor isn't to happy. LOL

Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

My dad had an Ariens and it was a beast. I remember going for a visit up to his place and his neighbour told me that after a couple of adult beverages , the 2 of them ( dad and his friend ) put a chain between their two machines on the road to see who's would drag the other one around.
Not sure what the other one was now. But dad was happy because his Ariens was king of the street after that.
What some guys will do with a couple drinks under their belt. Was never hard to find dad enjoying himself with a drink or 2 many.
But he did love his snowblower.

( Side note : And he moved to New Brunswick many years ago after mom died, and they get 3 times more snow than we do, so needed a beast of a machine )

David

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

My dad had an Ariens and it was a beast. I remember going for a visit up to his place and his neighbour told me that after a couple of adult beverages , the 2 of them ( dad and his friend ) put a chain between their two machines on the road to see who's would drag the other one around.
Not sure what the other one was now. But dad was happy because his Ariens was king of the street after that.
What some guys will do with a couple drinks under their belt. Was never hard to find dad enjoying himself with a drink or 2 many.
But he did love his snowblower.

( Side note : And he moved to New Brunswick many years ago after mom died, and they get 3 times more snow than we do, so needed a beast of a machine )

David
The Ariens I had was a beast too! But, I was real happy to get rid of it!

My son now owns an Areins, he got buried with snow a couple years ago so I mentioned maybe we should get him one. He told me what he wanted to spend and then I upgraded him... owed him for help on the farm. He has tracks to help remove what the county plow drivers throw onto his driveway. Dang thing supposedly can throw snow 60 feet... the kid in me really wants to check that out. Don't think the neighbors would like it much!

Ryan

My son now owns an Areins, he got buried with snow a couple years ago so I mentioned maybe we should get him one. He told me what he wanted to spend and then I upgraded him... owed him for help on the farm. He has tracks to help remove what the county plow drivers throw onto his driveway. Dang thing supposedly can throw snow 60 feet... the kid in me really wants to check that out. Don't think the neighbors would like it much!

Ryan

Thats why we have kids so we can play with their toys.

David

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Well I have to say , I hate that lying no good for nothing Groundhog.
She said an early spring for us . But the snow coming this weekend will be
here for months if we get all they are calling for . 40cm - 80cm by the end of Sunday WTF.

Started Friday into Sunday $0 - 80+ cm and high winds on Sunday.

" A prolonged period of snowfall is expected.
Locations: Central and eastern Nova Scotia.
Total snowfall amounts: 30 to 40 cm for central Nova Scotia with up to 80 cm o...More
Expires in 13 hrs.
Last updated 3 hours ago • Source: Environment and Climate Change Canada "

Now this is not funny any more . Early spring my rump. :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_disappointed:

David

• Wow
Reactions: JLeonard
Lasagna tonight, 3 hours to clean out the driveway and still snowing and blowing

Smokers Shack and BBQ have the day off, LOL :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_angry:

DSC_9296.JPG

DSC_9298.JPG

So indoor cooking and will go out and clean up the yard again tomorrow

David

Attachments

• DSC_9297.JPG
    DSC_9297.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Wow
Looks like you could use some awnings around your BBQ area.

Normally its ok under the roof. Its not a bad size. We have rain curtains on the other porch roof on the lake side.
But the snow is blowing sideways this weekend.
Normally i can BBQ almost anytime.
NOT this weekend :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_disappointed:

David

Not to brag.....But, I was grilling chicken on the weber and wearing a t-shirt and shorts today. (Man I hope David cant throw a snowball this far!)

Jim

I could not find " I hate you " emoji. t-shirt and shorts. I just spent 4 days and had to clear out the yard each day, just incase .
( 87 year old living with us now ) You just never know . Good thing as if I did not my little snow blower would not have done it if I had waited until yesterday to do a clean up. Some of the drifts between the houses were around 10' high:emoji_anguished::emoji_anguished:

You are safe with me throwing snow balls , Mona says I throw like a girl. :emoji_angry: :emoji_angry:

David

Attachments

• DSC_9302.JPG
    DSC_9302.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 6
Well been off for a few days . The yard and things kept me busy for the last few days .

The storm finally settled down. We had way too much 50 - 60cm. but not as bad as the other end of the province.
They had 100cm plus. It was the drifting and the constant wind that sucked.

It is weird, normally if a crow or seagull fly's by and farts the power goes out. But the Power Corp just sent out the bill last week with a big increase in the rates. And the power did not go out in any place that I heard of during this major storm. Were they scared what would happen , they would be hung up by their curlies. Just saying. Seems odd.

No BBQ for a few days as it just kept blowing in sideways of the deck. And even I did not want to go out to the Smokers Shack.

DSC_9301.JPG

Went out about every hour to keep the bird feeders clear for the little guys, and the Q was saying what about me.

DSC_9303.JPG
Thats a 4.5' fence

DSC_9305.JPG

The wind drift from the lake was pretty high

DSC_9307.JPG

DSC_9309.JPG

By the end of Yesterday , this little fellow said thank god that is done .
Wind drifted snow is really tight and just have to cut at it slow . Wish I owned a tractor

Like I said before I am on the hunt for every Groundhog in this province and he/she will not be happy when i'm done with them.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky