1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Halloween Qview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dahookup11, Nov 2, 2013.

1. dahookup11

dahookup11 Fire Starter

Just some photos of my Halloween smoke.
    3 racks of spares and a first time meatloaf.

2. Hello DaHookUp11.  Great looking Que.  Didn't the sauce leach through the trick or treaters' bags?  [​IMG]   Keep Smokin!

Danny

3. dahookup11

dahookup11 Fire Starter

Haha, just a little! The sauce was nice and caramelized. Came out great.

4. They look great I'm just confused I've tried the rib racks before....and I just don't agree with turning ribs with a natural bowl shape on their side....everytime I've used a rib rack they turn out dry cuz all the juice just runs out ....yours look great...maybe I'm not doing it right....I mean I have won a few events in ribs bit always membrane side upp for entire cook....without giving away secrets lol could u share...cuz I too would like to maximize quantity of cooking area

5. dahookup11

dahookup11 Fire Starter

Hey Smoke, thanks for the compliment and stoping by. To be honest I don't think I do anything different than the next person. I smoke ribs with a modified 3-2-1 method, I don't really ever hit the 6th hour, at 6, all the meat comes off the bone and I don't like the way the 3-2-1 works. I like bites that come rite off. My Ribs are smoked on the rack at 225-250 for 2-3 hrs. Sprayed every 15 mins. for the 1st hr. Then sprayed every 30 mins for the remainder of the smoke. After smoking, I'll wrap them for 1-2 hrs. in my mix: juice, honey, butter and Brown sugar on both sides of the spare. I keep temps at 250 for the remainder of the cook. When I'm satisfied with the meat pull from the bone then I unwrap and sauce the membrane side first and cook for 30 mins. membrane side up, then flip and sauce for the last 30 or so.
    Hope I helped.

6. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

No tricks in those treats! I love the smoke ring on your meatloaf.

Sure was a beautiful day for smoking!

There is a lot of smiles there.

7. dahookup11

dahookup11 Fire Starter

Thanks. It sure was.