Halloween Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hello DaHookUp11.  Great looking Que.  Didn't the sauce leach through the trick or treaters' bags?  
icon_biggrin.gif
  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Haha, just a little! The sauce was nice and caramelized. Came out great.

They look great I'm just confused I've tried the rib racks before....and I just don't agree with turning ribs with a natural bowl shape on their side....everytime I've used a rib rack they turn out dry cuz all the juice just runs out ....yours look great...maybe I'm not doing it right....I mean I have won a few events in ribs bit always membrane side upp for entire cook....without giving away secrets lol could u share...cuz I too would like to maximize quantity of cooking area

Hey Smoke, thanks for the compliment and stoping by. To be honest I don't think I do anything different than the next person. I smoke ribs with a modified 3-2-1 method, I don't really ever hit the 6th hour, at 6, all the meat comes off the bone and I don't like the way the 3-2-1 works. I like bites that come rite off. My Ribs are smoked on the rack at 225-250 for 2-3 hrs. Sprayed every 15 mins. for the 1st hr. Then sprayed every 30 mins for the remainder of the smoke. After smoking, I'll wrap them for 1-2 hrs. in my mix: juice, honey, butter and Brown sugar on both sides of the spare. I keep temps at 250 for the remainder of the cook. When I'm satisfied with the meat pull from the bone then I unwrap and sauce the membrane side first and cook for 30 mins. membrane side up, then flip and sauce for the last 30 or so.
Hope I helped.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky