Hairy Bikers on the History Channel - Food Related

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by big twig, Nov 9, 2011.

1. big twig

big twig Smoking Fanatic

I caught this show last week on the History channel called "Hairy Bikers". Pretty good show. I saw 2 episodes both being in Texas. One they went shrimping and made a bunch of seafood dishes the other they went hog hunting and cooked that up a couple of ways. They learn from the locals and also make their own stuff. History channel has had some good food shows lately so I figured I would share this for anyone that hasn't seen it.

This week they will be in Florida and I saw gator on the menu. Fridays @ 10pm (eastern) on the History channel.

http://www.history.com/shows/hairy-bikers

2. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

BT, Thanks for the heads up...JJ

3. ddemerath

ddemerath Smoke Blower

I saw bits and pieces of the pig hunt.  Looked interesting. 

4. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

They are doing Beer butt chicken this week.

5. moikel

moikel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Several series have been on cable here. They did a trip to Vietnam,India &Thailand & another one through South America. Turkey s well Great champions of real food.

6. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

I saw it the other night myself and wasn't that impressed with many of the recipes. When I watch the food channels I'm looking to learn recipes and tech.

7. I have seen the hairy bikers too I think there been 3 episodes the 1st was eating & cooking with hot peppers they showed ghost peppers I thought was the hottest in the world I guess they got knot out as the hottest in the world--The hottest is Trinidad Scorpion---Scoville heat scale is--Ghost Pepper--1,041,427--Trinidad Scorpion---1,463,700 & the hairy bikers had a contest with the Trinidad scorpion peppers the one that's a chef who could eat most & who would back down 1st It's a bit to hot for me I have a brother in law & bother I got the ghost pepper hot sauce I know they have not used the whole bottle I bought Trinidad scorpion hot sauce foe Christmas for my brother in law son & brother I got off the internet the cheapest was peppers.com I got 3 bottles for $18 plus shipping total was about $23.00 Ken--Colorado--Smoker