Had to smoke some cheese.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
About 10 miles from the blue turf!
20180318_122916.jpg
20180320_211420.jpg
Actually did this a week ago. Have it vac sealed now. Hope it turns out good.

Before and after
20180320_211420.jpg
20180318_122916.jpg

Smoked with hickory. Got distracted and it was pretty close to the melting point but I got it off before it went through the grates.

This must be cheese week, seems like everybody is smoking cheese.
And yours looks pretty darn good too!
Al

Looks good from here, nice color.

Point for sure.

Chris

Brett, if you find the cheese is starting to get soft don't hesitate to take it off and toss it in the fridge to solidify. You can always put it back on the smoker after. I know it wouldn't have helped this time around, but if you do your next batch the same way it may help.

Chris

Brett, if you find the cheese is starting to get soft don't hesitate to take it off and toss it in the fridge to solidify. You can always put it back on the smoker after. I know it wouldn't have helped this time around, but if you do your next batch the same way it may help.

Chris
Thanks Chris. I was aware of the option and getting ready to take it off anyways. Just got distracted by doing some things around the house and left it smoking a little longer than I wanted. Was going to stop at 3.5 hours and went just about 4, maybe a little over. Luckily there was no big mess to clean up!

Nice color on the cheese. Nicely done.

When my smoker gets too hot, I take an empty coffee can and pack with snow to lower my temps....a frozen bottle would work too but snow is one of the “perks” living in the northeast.

The first time I tried smoking cheese I did it on my Traeger on the smoke setting and after about 20 minutes the cheese melted through the grate into the ice tray. It looked pretty funny but still tasted good. After that I bought one of those tube smokers and have not had a problem since. That's some great color on them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky