• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Had no idea where to place this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
I unfortunately made the mistake of trying some Prarie Belt Smoked Sausage primarily because of the kid on the label that appears to be a bit frightened of the product. Any way, smoked them a wee bit, probably hickory. They were an absolute abomination!
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20261002-193011_Google.png
    Screenshot_20261002-193011_Google.png
    745.3 KB · Views: 9
Pretty sure you'll like it. I can't get away with that here, I keep Vienna sausages around and nobody touches them but me and the pets. Underwood deviled ham is another story. That stuff is downright delish and loved by all.

I'd go for it on a saltine or wasa. Pretty sure it's not good for ya.
 
I've never had nor even heard of "potted meat"
Happy it brings back happy memories.

Never a deviled ham fan.

Vienna sausage. I ate a few in my day. Never ever kept a can in my desk
Banned from our house after my toddler daughter choked on one.

Yeah, it has changed significantly.

Armour potted meat ingredients then and now.
...
• Key Shift: Modern production has largely phased out beef tripe and hearts in favor of high-yield mechanically separated chicken blended with pork and pork fatty tissues.
Great research. Hmm let's think about market then versus today.
Beef hearts have been shifted to higher dollar products as sausage. Someone figured beef heart is beef and thus "all beef" applies to hearts.
Tripe is now a by-product (doesn't read well on a label) but has gained popularity with the spread of Latin and Asian cuisine. Much of it goes to the pet food market where by product doesn't read as bad
I loved the deviled ham when I was a kid. Haven't have that in around 50 years. The Vienna sausages is a different story. While stationed in Hawaii on field maneuvers. I ate tons of it. I'd take the c-ration spaghetti. Put that in my canteen cup. Add a pack of them cut up. Then add cooked Ramin noodles without the seasoning packet.
Then add the can of c-rats cheese sauce. And smother it with hot sauce. Even at 18. I was a world class chef!!
Never in the service, but a Scout leader for years. They have made improvised field rations as that for years. Ramen bombs is a staple
 
I unfortunately made the mistake of trying some Prarie Belt Smoked Sausage primarily because of the kid on the label that appears to be a bit frightened of the product. Any way, smoked them a wee bit, probably hickory. They were an absolute abomination!
I thought the same! I saw these in VA while on vacation once. Just didn't feel brave enough.
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky