Guinness Beef Stew

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hmm
Got a slab of some beef leftover from making beef barley soup. Maybe I can talk the wife into a stew. Probably have to make Brunswick or Burgoo out of it as wifey has a TMJ problem

Before the butchers got smart, tri-tip used to go for stew or simply ground.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Hmm
Got a slab of some beef leftover from making beef barley soup. Maybe I can talk the wife into a stew. Probably have to make Brunswick or Burgoo out of it as wifey has a TMJ problem

yeah if I could find TT, it is $10/lb...$7.99 is a steal

Hmm

Here's my Brunswick stew. You could sub the pulled pork for beef

I love beef and guiness stew, yours looks great! I just made turkey potpies 2 days ago, and was telling my kids I'd rather it was beef and guiness in there! I make it a lot thicker at end with a brown flour roux, so it can be used for pot pies or shepherds pue and support a top, but it's good at whatever thickness!

I love beef and guiness stew, yours looks great! I just made turkey potpies 2 days ago, and was telling my kids I'd rather it was beef and guiness in there! I make it a lot thicker at end with a brown flour roux, so it can be used for pot pies or shepherds pue and support a top, but it's good at whatever thickness!
Appreciate it Dave. The pic of the crockpot is the beginning of the cook. I didn't get a finished shot. It thickens up nicely with all the starches in the veggies plus the flour the beef was browned in

Reactions: Dave in AZ
Looks good Jake, we've got a Nor'easter coming our way this week(end). That stew sure would hit the spot after cleaning up the snow.

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking stew. Its for sure soup/stew weather here in Mississippi for the next few days.
Hated to hear that about Coach Leech. He did good things at State.
Jim

Looks good Jake, we've got a Nor'easter coming our way this week(end). That stew sure would hit the spot after cleaning up the snow.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris. Gonna be cold here next week. Stay warm bud

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky