• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brunswick Stew

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Howdy fellas and non fellas. Had some leftovers in the deep freeze From some previous smokes so decided to throw them in a brunswick Stew. Not many pics but this is easy and tasty as heck. The meats were a pound of smoked pulled pork and a pound of pulled smoked chicken. Didn't get pics of those. Also fried up a pound of peppered country bacon ends
IMG_20210123_121010.jpg

Add all 3lbs of meat to crockpot and add in 12oz frozen lima beans. 12oz frozen corn and 12oz sliced okra. 4 diced red taters skin on. 1 cup sweet baby ray's. 4 cups chicken broth( can add more to cover if needed). 1 medium diced vidalia onion. 2 cloves minced garlic. 1T wooster sauce. Tsp black pepper. Tsp red pepper flakes. 8oz tomato sauce. 14oz diced tomatoes. Mix well in crockpot and set to high for 4-5hrs. Then it's done!
IMG_20210123_181212.jpg

My bowl with some baguette
IMG_20210123_191113.jpg

This stuff is delicious and full of flavor. So next time y'all need leftover ideas here ya go!

Last edited:

BB-que

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 8, 2016
that’s some comfort food right there. I’ll take a bowl of that for the game after shoveling tomorrow I’ll tell you that.

912smoker

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Oh yeah looks great and a good way to take advantage of leftovers! Great idea Jake !

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Looks awesome Jake. Perfect weather for that in Ohio! I also sometimes like to make what I call clean the frig and freezer stew haha.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Looks great Jake! And filling for sure! Good idea for leftovers

Ryan

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Looks awesome Jake! Been a long time since ive had any okra or lima beans....i may have to search the freezer for some left overs!

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Looks great Jake. Not a fan of okra but I can leave them out.

Millberry

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2020
Jake--you always amaze me. I think in my last life I was a billionaire and you were my chef. YOU COOK LIKE I EAT--if that makes sense. Charlie

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Looks good Jake. I see you also are a user of the crockpot liners. I dont know who came up with them but I hope they are living large on the profits. Make the cleanup so much easier.
Jim

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
that’s some comfort food right there. I’ll take a bowl of that for the game after shoveling tomorrow I’ll tell you that.
Thanks BB definitely a good meal for a cold day

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.