Guess who isn’t smoking for Super Bowl

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

culpepersmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 16, 2010
Split between Michigan and Texas
Woke up to 0 degrees and a cold snow filled wind off the lake. I think I’ll try some Sous Vide Fried Chicken instead. 😁

Attachments

• F80F63CC-60B8-404D-904F-3FAE04E09A8A.jpeg
    F80F63CC-60B8-404D-904F-3FAE04E09A8A.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 45
Burrr i would stay in as well. SV is a great solution.

we are in the 50s and should be in the 20s. Not happy about it..

We have snow coming down but little wind, was 60+ yesterday sitting outside having lunch at a brewery. I went redneck and have my smoker on the porch now. Giving a go for my first pulled pork today with black soy bean baked beans.

Reactions: culpepersmoke
-4° and some flurries but still gonna toss some St. Louis on. No wrap no spritz, once the 590 does get to temp it holds pretty well. Welding blanket on to help a bit.

Eghads! I just shivered to my spine looking at that pic. I wont complain about the 30s and sunshine here in Memphis anymore.
Jim

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
That's a heck of a view! Ya, cloudy with a cold wind coming off the lake could shiver your timbers! It's made it up to 9 here (feels like 3) but it's sunny and feels really nice! Got a butt in the smoker. Enjoy your chicken!

Ryan

You guys are making feel like a wuss. 😂. A warm wuss but….. 😂😂
No, not at all! Your weather stinks. If it was cloudy and windy here it wouldn't be enjoyable at all. But nothing wrong with a warm wuss! Let me know when it warms up and I'll join ya lake side!

Ryan

Well , I'm not smoking either . My Diverticultis says I'm having broth . No hops and barley soup either .
SV bone in fried chicken is killer . I've done breast and bone in pop's brined thighs . Really good .
If that's what you do post it up .

Last edited:
Reactions: Winterrider
Well , I'm not smoking either . My Diverticultis says I'm having broth . No hops and barley soup either .
SV bone in fried chicken is killer . I've done breats and bone in pop's brined thighs . Really good .
If that's what you do post it up .
how does one accomplish SV bone in fried chicken? Is that SV until done then coat and fry?

Reactions: chopsaw
Mid to upper 80s here in So Cal. I smoked my pork butt yesterday so I can stay out of those warm temps today. This is supposed to be the coldest and wettest month on average here. Not this year though. Almost constant Santa Ana winds for over a week and temps in the 80s and 90s. I’m sorry for all of you freezing right now but I’d love to swap 20 of your cold temps for 20 of my highs. Be safe out there and have an awesome Sunday.

G

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky