Guajillo steak fajita style tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
Been in the woods for so long, I think I forgot how to cook! Been living off frozen pizza and ramen since December, but I came home for a few days to catch up on things. Had a thawed out steak, and some leftover Guajillo sauce so I tossed the steak in a bag a couple days ago, added all the sauce and threw it in the fridge for taco Tuesday!!
8385066C-DF67-4036-B129-AC7EB0F56C54.jpeg
sauce and steak all ready to go. The smell of this sauce is just soooo good!

612BC36D-6DC5-4F73-9717-94449AD561E5.jpeg
fired up a lil chimney of charcoal last night. Nice and cool Louisiana evening!

D018A254-FC53-44CF-955C-E84F4AA05A8B.jpeg
my ribeye all lonely on the Weber kettle

0CB45E0C-CDF9-4EA1-AC16-F0F89C4EBAE9.jpeg
cooked to a nice medium rare, resting while I get the fixings ready. Lettuce, onion/cilantro/lime, sour cream, cheese & I heated the remaining Guajillo sauce w a little butter, cumin, chili powder and a dash more lime.
8B184163-68DE-4F6D-86F5-C59897EA02B8.jpeg
probably my favorite topping for street style tacos.

2ACF7147-BE28-4CD8-989B-3A0207F6BFD2.jpeg
flour tortillas heated up and ready to be filled.
151322A4-A0E3-4998-BBCC-86DFC0533171.jpeg
Guajillo sauce ready to go. It’s full of garlic, lime, guajillos, vinegar & salt.

BA3CF2AF-5F29-408D-9B6E-1169ADAF5A75.jpeg
I overdid it. The third taco put me over the top but it was worth the stuffed feeling. I sure love tacos!!

Those look like killer tacos! Nice work!
Thank you, they sure were good but next time I may just eat the steak by itself. That marinade was just stupid good!
They look amazing! No Ramen tastes anything like that!

Ryan
Haha, yeah you're right, Ryan. definitely much better than ramen!

Man....how did I miss this? All of that looks amazing. I've seen some darned good looking tacos showcased here but those are right there at the top. I can only imagine how delicious they were. Excellent job!!

Robert

Reactions: 73saint
Man....how did I miss this? All of that looks amazing. I've seen some darned good looking tacos showcased here but those are right there at the top. I can only imagine how delicious they were. Excellent job!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! lol, I just posted it so you didn't miss it by much...

Heck yeah bud looks amazing bet they were delicious. Had some spicy ramen with a dusting of blood pressure medicine for lunch yesterday

Thanks Robert! lol, I just posted it so you didn't miss it by much...

AH HA!! It was posted while I was logged into the forum so it was not showing in the New Threads section but was in the Beef sub forum. I signed out then back in and VIOLA!! There it is in the New Threads. Still a darned fine looking meal.

Robert

Dang Saint those are some good looking tacos. I love everything about them. I love the flavor of the guajillo pepper! Onions and cilantro are my favorite for toppings! Sure beats the frozen pizzas!

They look great. Will you share the Sauce Recipe? Im working on my Accountant to release the funds for a mixed Dry Chile purchase. Its oven $100 but the bulk amount will last a couple of years, kept in the Freezer!...JJ

Dang Saint those are some good looking tacos. I love everything about them. I love the flavor of the guajillo pepper! Onions and cilantro are my favorite for toppings! Sure beats the frozen pizzas!
Thanks Travis...you are right it was way better than the cheap frozen pizzas, can't wait to make this again!

They look great. Will you share the Sauce Recipe? Im working on my Accountant to release the funds for a mixed Dry Chile purchase. Its oven $100 but the bulk amount will last a couple of years, kept in the Freezer!...JJ
recipe for the sauce is at the top, I didn't measure I just added to taste as it was an experiment.

Reactions: Teal101
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky