Grocery Sales This Week

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Publix has USDA Choice rib roast for $5.79/lb. :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_yum:

Food Lion has fresh pork picnics for 99¢/lb. Shank portion smoked hams for 99¢/lb. Whole fresh chickens for 99¢/lb.

Lowe's Foods has wine 25% off when you buy 12 bottles or more. Time to stock the wine rack...:emoji_wink:

Kroger has 80/20 burger for $2.99/lb. for the 3 lb. chub. Whole wings or boneless/skinless breast for $1.99/lb.

Lidl has 18 oz. Tyson Cornish Hens for $3.49 each. Not sure if that's a good price or not.

Edit to add that the ham deal at Food Lion is with an additional $35 purchase. I did not see that in the ad and I sent a friend on that wild goose chase, he texted to let me know. I apologize for not seeing all the details...

Last edited:
That price for the standing rib roast might be about as good as it gets this year Charles, we'll see soon enough. Last year I picked up three whole in-the-bag roasts for $4.75lb at the Xmas sales, best time of year to strike. Butts are 99¢ a pound here this week at our local Kroger affiliate. RAY

That price for the standing rib roast might be about as good as it gets this year Charles, we'll see soon enough.
Agree. Last year Publix started their rib roast sale early, too and ran them on sale all the way up to Christmas...

man i wish i could get prices like those around here!! about the only thing cheaper is the hamburger which has been about $2.75 for 10# tubes at times.

That price for the standing rib roast might be about as good as it gets this year Charles, we'll see soon enough. Last year I picked up three whole in-the-bag roasts for $4.75lb at the Xmas sales, best time of year to strike. Butts are 99¢ a pound here this week at our local Kroger affiliate. RAY
Ray, is that at Frys? I'm out of town today, but will stop at Frys on way home from airport if butts are 99c!
Thx!

last Easter I was getting angus rib roasts @$5.99/lb bought 38lb, still have some ...but if that sale comes around again I will load up on more.

Yeah Dave, it's in the digital deals that's come out and started today, good for the week. I'll go tomorrow and see if they are talking butts or picnics, tho it's most always butts if they don't specify picnic. RAY

x_large.jpg

Reactions: Dave in AZ
Those Rib Roasts are a great price. We're going to Kroger today to get some fresh wings @ $1.99/lb. Lowest I've seen in a year or longer. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: 912smoker
yup next week we have those @$4.79 for choice and $6.49 for Angus
Now that's a great price for rib roast, haven't seen it that cheap around me in several years! $5.99/lb. to $6.99/lb. has been the range of the sale price that I've seen. If it were me, I'd load up on the choice because chances are very good that it's Angus beef, just not C.A.B. If I had to guess, the Angus they're advertising for a higher price is probably C.A.B. and I doubt anyone could tell the difference...:emoji_wink:

After perusing this week's ads, the only thing that really stands out is Publix still has bone-in rib roast for $5.79/lb. for another week. By far the best deal on that around me. If only I were closer to clifish clifish ...:emoji_wink:

For comparison, Lowes Foods has rib roast for $7.99/lb. for SELECT grade. Smithfield spiral sliced ham for 97¢/lb. with a digital coupon. Not a fan, but just throwing that out there.

Kroger has their USDA Choice rib roast for $5.97/lb. with a limit of 1. Pork tenderloin for $2.99/lb. Maybe Gouda Stuffed Pork Tenderloin or Pork Tenderloin In Pan Gravy or any of a bunch of other great pork tenderloin recipes for Christmas?

Reactions: 912smoker
1671614910467.png

Our Price Chopper has Angus for 5.99 this week.
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky