Grocery deals this week

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Well after perusing all of my local ads, the only decent deal that I see is Food Lion has USDA Choice boneless ribeye steaks for $7.99/lb. This is about the only meat that they will cut to order.
Kroger has snowcrab legs for $12.99/lb. which is still a little too rich for me, but still cheaper than their usual $16.99/lb.
Probably the best deal this week isn't anything to cook, but something to drink. Lidl's has Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, and Miller Light for $15.98/case. That's a 24 pack of 12oz. cans.

Lack of "deals" is probably a combination of Valentines Day and the Super Bowl. They all know that people are going to cook this week regardless...

In the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Kroger has $1.88/lb pork spare ribs full racks, $5.77/lb choice cut bone in ribeye.

Tom Thumb/Albersons/Safeway has $5.77/lb choice cut bone in ribeye.

Market Street (small but nice chain) has digital app deals $5.97/lb choice boneless ribeye and $1.97/lb Select whole packer brisket. I've seen select briskets here and many look just like choice grade with marbling and fat content so it is often not the bottom of the barrel "select" cut.

There seem to be some frozen shrimp deals either uncooked and cooked anywhere from 16ct-50ct at these 3 places but I didn't figure it was worth posting.

I'm hoping to hit up Costco. In my area a week or 2 before the superbowl they usually have choice or prime plate beef ribs $4.99-$5.99/lb, 4 bone packs. To me this is the best BBQ cut of beef out there but is so much harder to come by. Brisket as a fairly close 2nd best :)

In the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Kroger has $1.88/lb pork spare ribs full racks, $5.77/lb choice cut bone in ribeye.

Tom Thumb/Albersons/Safeway has $5.77/lb choice cut bone in ribeye.

Market Street (small but nice chain) has digital app deals $5.97/lb choice boneless ribeye and $1.97/lb Select whole packer brisket. I've seen select briskets here and many look just like choice grade with marbling and fat content so it is often not the bottom of the barrel "select" cut.

There seem to be some frozen shrimp deals either uncooked and cooked anywhere from 16ct-50ct at these 3 places but I didn't figure it was worth posting.

I'm hoping to hit up Costco. In my area a week or 2 before the superbowl they usually have choice or prime plate beef ribs $4.99-$5.99/lb, 4 bone packs. To me this is the best BBQ cut of beef out there but is so much harder to come by. Brisket as a fairly close 2nd best :)
Man we all need to move to Texas!!

Man we all need to move to Texas!!
Ain't that the truth. Some pretty good deals there...

Yeah it's pretty good here.

Could always use more good people in the state to help dilute the wacko's that are also moving to the state hahaha :D

Just bought 2 briskets from Market Street. They had great bend to them. One was a 20lb and other was 17lb. I bought my limit of 2. I sifted through about 60 briskets to pick good big ones that are Choice quality.

Will be eating 100% Mesquite smoked brisket for the Superbowl for sure :)

Reactions: jcam222
I'm hoping to hit up Costco. In my area a week or 2 before the superbowl
Better get going .

I went to GFS Tuesday . Looks like beef is coming down , but everything else was going up .
They had Ribeye for $8.99 . So I grabbed one . I think it was up past $16.00 a pound a few weeks ago . Be a first for me . Can't wait to cut into it .
1644496984433.jpeg

Reactions: TNJAKE
Probably the best deal this week isn't anything to cook, but something to drink. Lidl's has Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, and Miller Light for $15.98/case. That's a 24 pack of 12oz. cans.

Wow that is a good price on the Light Beers. . .I never really took much to light beers. . .Frankly, I always believed it was the big commercial breweries ploy to get premium price for watered down beer.

But to each his own.

John

Last edited:
Better get going .

I went to GFS Tuesday . Looks like beef is coming down , but everything else was going up .
They had Ribeye for $8.99 . So I grabbed one . I think it was up past $16.00 a pound a few weeks ago . Be a first for me . Can't wait to cut into it .
View attachment 525360
That's a good deal for a choice whole boneless ribeye...

We see them for 99¢/lb. around here somewhere at least once a month...

Our food lion has them right now for $.99 a lb. Going to grab a couple this weekend to make some sausage. Wish they would bring the ribs back down to under $2 a lb. Been awhile since I have seen that sale.

That's a good deal for a choice whole boneless ribeye...
It's actually " No Roll " . I never worry about that . Doesn't always mean it didn't make the grade . I had a No Roll strip loin not long ago , it was fantastic . I'll have to see the marbling after I open it up . Looks good in the vac though .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky