Grilling small steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bpinmi

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
New Baltimore, MI
Not sure why the processor cut them so small but I'll be grilling these venison steaks tomorrow. Very small and thin. Here's one alongside a can of beer for reference.
Any tips on grilling so they don't get overdone?

IMG_8807.jpg

Interesting. Hadn't thought of something like that. How long did you smoke them and what temp?
Soaked the deer in allegro then put it all together. Did these around 300-350 until bacon was crisp. I do dove the same way except I soak those in white wine. Both are always a hit. The bacon helps keep the deer from being dry on a small thin cut like you have. You could even leave those small steaks whole and just make a slightly bigger version of what I posted

Blazing hot CI skillet and a bacon press, if no bacon press use a smaller CI skillet as a press.
Just a tad of high temp oil in the pan or brush each steak with bacon grease.
Sear each steak individually with the bacon press on it, 1-2 minutes each side.
Season and enjoy... Those would make good breakfast steaks, just throw a sunny side egg atop them, yum!

Reactions: uncle eddie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky