Grilled twin tenderloins with pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Once again was busy over the weekend and not much time to fire the smoker up so thought this would suffice given what I had on hand at the house.

Started with 2 thawed pork tenderloins dethawed. Trimmed silver skin and extra fat
upload_2019-7-2_11-3-17.jpeg

Mixed up a mustard beer marinade(saved two cups fir the finishing sauce). Spicy brown mustard PBR minced garlic honey brown sugar and apple cider vinegar.
upload_2019-7-2_11-5-26.jpeg

Marinated the loins for two hours in a zip lock. While that was going started getting sides ready.

Pan on left was fresh broccoli mushrooms jalapeños. Pan on the right just broccoli and brussel sprouts. SPG and balsamic
upload_2019-7-2_11-8-5.jpeg

Loins going on the grill at 400
upload_2019-7-2_11-9-3.jpeg

Rolled around got some nice char.
upload_2019-7-2_11-9-42.jpeg

Pulled those at 145 and tented them while I made the mustard beer sauce to go on the tenderloins. Flour butter and the two reserved cups of marinade. I added some black pepper a little cayenne and a splash of soy sauce.
upload_2019-7-2_11-12-20.jpeg

Reduced down
upload_2019-7-2_11-12-39.jpeg

Sides done in oven are roasted and done
upload_2019-7-2_11-13-15.jpeg

Sliced tenderloins
upload_2019-7-2_11-13-43.jpeg

With the mustard beer glaze
upload_2019-7-2_11-14-8.jpeg

upload_2019-7-2_11-14-21.jpeg

Wife just wanted veggies that night so did some spinach noodles in white wine sauce and some tomato mozzarella salad with balsamic reduction.
upload_2019-7-2_11-15-36.jpeg

My more unhealthy plate. Garlic cheese mashed potatoes veggies hush puppies and tenderloin
upload_2019-7-2_11-16-28.jpeg

It was all wonderful. Already ate all the leftovers. Next time I’ll have some darker beer on hand think it would have enhanced the flavor but not bad for a couple hour job done with stuff on hand. Thanks for looking.

Tenders are always a favorite in our house, and yours look wonderful. As for dark beer - PBR should be dark enough. Hope you didn't use that Natural light stuff in the sauce :emoji_wink:.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
All Looks Mighty Tasty from Here!!
I could handle a plate just like the one shown!
Like!

Bear

Thanks John. Prefer smoking the tenderloins of course but I love the crust searing it on the grill made. Might have to do a reverse sear next time!

Tenders are always a favorite in our house, and yours look wonderful. As for dark beer - PBR should be dark enough. Hope you didn't use that Natural light stuff in the sauce :emoji_wink:.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris. I knew you would appreciate the PBR! And don't worry I would never use natty in cooking haha...its just a cheap cold beer

Looks really great. Pork tenderloins are a favorite around Braz Acres. Mustard beer sauce sounds like something we need to try.

Awesome looking plate, sorry I’m late to the party!

Would love to have smoked them but hard to break out the smokers during the week when I don’t get home from work until 6. I use my gas grill 3-4 times a week year round

Would love to have smoked them but hard to break out the smokers during the week when I don’t get home from work until 6. I use my gas grill 3-4 times a week year round

I’m the same way, work until 6pm and grill year round.

I started slowly getting my wife to use the Sous Vide when she gets home. I have her drop the meat in so it’s ready by the time I get out of work. All i need to do is throw it on the grill for a quick sear.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky