Grilled Thighs...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Last week we had a blizzard here with temps in the mid 20's and snow drifts of at least 2-3 inches 🤣🤣 It was miserable and we're just now digging out and recovering. Hopefully the stores are restocked with milk and bread, but I haven't been able to dig out until today. Temps finally got above 50℉ again and I felt good about firing up the grill...

On tap were some chicken thighs simply seasoned with some course salt and pepper...
20220124_140422.jpg

Fired up the grill with some lump and away we go...
20220124_165234.jpg

Meanwhile I had some various veggies prepped and ready to roast...
20220124_163018.jpg

Not shown were some peppers and some red onions.

Anyway, I had some BBQ sauce that I bought on clearance from Food Lion...
20220124_142343.jpg

Brushed on the thighs and hope for the best...
20220124_180107.jpg

I grilled the peppers and onions. The rest were roasted in the oven...
20220124_181603.jpg

All is ready except that I failed to mention the sweet potato casserole that my mother-in-law brought over...
20220124_183704.jpg

I busted out the fine china again, time to eat...
20220124_184309.jpg

It is such a blessing to have my family together for supper as often as I get to...

Every looks great ! Takes on the sauce?
I saw it too but forgot to go back and put it the cart ...

A fine lookin' cook there Charles, hard to beat good grub with friends and family! RAY

Mmm, tasty looking chicken thighs! It’s hard to beat a kettle for chicken! Yours look awesome! It absolutely is a blessing anytime you can eat with family.

Another great looking cook! Mighty fine looking chicken!

Ryan

Great looking spread Charles. Family gatherings are the best.

As far as I am concerned a chicken could simply be a 3 to 5 pound thigh. My favorite part of the bird.

Looks excellent. . .
Every looks great ! Takes on the sauce?
I saw it too but forgot to go back and put it the cart ...
At 17 grams of sugar per serving, the sauce was a little sweet for my tastes, but everyone loved it and it's hard to go wrong at $1.50/bottle...:emoji_wink:
Another great looking cook! Mighty fine looking chicken!

Ryan
Excellent looking yard bird!
That is a fine looking meal there my friend!
Nice cook !
Looks delicious.
Thank you all for your kind words and I apologize for my late response...

A fine lookin' cook there Charles, hard to beat good grub with friends and family! RAY
Mmm, tasty looking chicken thighs! It’s hard to beat a kettle for chicken! Yours look awesome! It absolutely is a blessing anytime you can eat with family.
That’s a ”labor of love” ended with a very heartwarming comment about getting to spend some quality time with your family. It makes the meal even tastier.
We are truly blessed to be able to have our family and good friends over to eat as often as we do which is at least 4 times every week. Thank you all...

Charles
Friends , Family and Food
that is what it is about, Great looking spread , nice thighs

Glad you made it through the storm...:emoji_sunglasses::emoji_laughing:

David
Yeah David, it was a little dicey there for a couple of hours with that "storm", but we managed. The snow was at least 1", maybe 2"...🤣🤣

I live by what I call the "F's" of life...
Faith
Family
Friends
Fishing
Food could be considered another one, but it's always there whenever we have family and friends over...

I love me some big fat grilled thighs! I hope you enjoyed the new sauce. Nice job on everything.

That All looks Excellent, Charles!!
Thighs are Beautiful !!
Nice Job!
Like.
Trying to visualize you trying to bust through those 2" and 3" Snow Drifts!!!

Bear

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
That All looks Excellent, Charles!!
Thighs are Beautiful !!
Nice Job!
Like.
Trying to visualize you trying to bust through those 2" and 3" Snow Drifts!!!

Bear
Thank you, Bear for the compliments, I really appreciate them. Yes, that toe-high snow was tough, but we somehow managed...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky