Grilled Thighs...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wifey likes 'em bone-in skinless with a touch of smoke then slathered with good BBQ sauce, so that's what I usually do. Yours looks great and I'm gonna try that next!

Last week we had a blizzard here with temps in the mid 20's and snow drifts of at least 2-3 inches 🤣🤣 It was miserable and we're just now digging out and recovering. Hopefully the stores are restocked with milk and bread, but I haven't been able to dig out until today. Temps finally got above 50℉ again and I felt good about firing up the grill...

On tap were some chicken thighs simply seasoned with some course salt and pepper...
View attachment 523340

Fired up the grill with some lump and away we go...
View attachment 523341

Meanwhile I had some various veggies prepped and ready to roast...
View attachment 523342
Not shown were some peppers and some red onions.

Anyway, I had some BBQ sauce that I bought on clearance from Food Lion...
View attachment 523343

Brushed on the thighs and hope for the best...
View attachment 523344

I grilled the peppers and onions. The rest were roasted in the oven...
View attachment 523346

All is ready except that I failed to mention the sweet potato casserole that my mother-in-law brought over...
View attachment 523347

I busted out the fine china again, time to eat...
View attachment 523349

It is such a blessing to have my family together for supper as often as I get to...
Very nice!! May your family always be blessed. Thanks for sharing, we've had some pretty cold weather here but your pictures makes me wanna get out there and fire my smoker!!

Thighs look great. Couldn’t really tell. Did you cook them offset or right above the coals?
I started the thighs right over the coals with the lid on, no peeking for about an hour. As is usual for me and my Webers, they always have a hotter side so I move the thighs off of it and sauced. Meat side first and then the skin side. I finished them under the broiler to crisp them up some...

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
Last week we had a blizzard here with temps in the mid 20's and snow drifts of at least 2-3 inches 🤣🤣 It was miserable and we're just now digging out and recovering. Hopefully the stores are restocked with milk and bread, but I haven't been able to dig out until today. Temps finally got above 50℉ again and I felt good about firing up the grill...

On tap were some chicken thighs simply seasoned with some course salt and pepper...
View attachment 523340

Fired up the grill with some lump and away we go...
View attachment 523341

Meanwhile I had some various veggies prepped and ready to roast...
View attachment 523342
Not shown were some peppers and some red onions.

Anyway, I had some BBQ sauce that I bought on clearance from Food Lion...
View attachment 523343

Brushed on the thighs and hope for the best...
View attachment 523344

I grilled the peppers and onions. The rest were roasted in the oven...
View attachment 523346

All is ready except that I failed to mention the sweet potato casserole that my mother-in-law brought over...
View attachment 523347

I busted out the fine china again, time to eat...
View attachment 523349

It is such a blessing to have my family together for supper as often as I get to...
Looks great. I'm sure everyone en

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky