Grilled Ribeye & Veg with Beef Bourbon Gravy!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Things have been pretty crazy here lately. That is an amazing looking meal!

no worries Steve H Steve H and thanks! Its a scaled up pot roast meal! ie one you can fix in 30 minutes and not 8 hours.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve H
Fantastic, I’d be all over that! Curious how you did the shrooms…? I have my method but always looking for tips. Most people dont seem to cook them hard enough, long enough, yours look great.

Fantastic, I’d be all over that! Curious how you did the shrooms…? I have my method but always looking for tips. Most people dont seem to cook them hard enough, long enough, yours look great.
Thanks WR!

My son does the shrooms as he requires a hard sear on them (he learned from "dad" but now is the expert, ie I don't have to do them anymore). He uses a screaming hot non-stick pan that is wiped with classic olive oil. He sears each side with just salt and pepper, note that they are spaced around in the pan (IE not overcrowded so any moisture evaporates instantly) once they have a nice hard sear he adds the desired seasoning and a bit of butter to toss them and then right on the plate.....

Edit....its important to add the final seasoning at the end of the sear or it will burn during, the S&P doesn't burn....

Example, almost seared, but they need a bit more to be right.
shrooms.jpg

The final product from above in my wife's Tom Kha Gai soup....
Shrooms2.jpg

Man oh man seared shrooms really add to the soup.....oh the soup also has smoked chicken breast in the soup.....this was a deconstructed soup.....just a way to add more flavor in!!!

Here are the ones he did a little bit ago for some NY's.....He has technique down.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/ny-steak-week…-x2.321163/

Thanks WR!

My son does the shrooms as he requires a hard sear on them (he learned from "dad" but now is the expert, ie I don't have to do them anymore). He uses a screaming hot non-stick pan that is wiped with classic olive oil. He sears each side with just salt and pepper, note that they are spaced around in the pan (IE not overcrowded so any moisture evaporates instantly) once they have a nice hard sear he adds the desired seasoning and a bit of butter to toss them and then right on the plate.....

Edit....its important to add the final seasoning at the end of the sear or it will burn during, the S&P doesn't burn....

Example, almost seared, but they need a bit more to be right.
View attachment 666299

The final product from above in my wife's Tom Kha Gai soup....
View attachment 666300
Man oh man seared shrooms really add to the soup.....oh the soup also has smoked chicken breast in the soup.....this was a deconstructed soup.....just a way to add more flavor in!!!

Here are the ones he did a little bit ago for some NY's.....He has technique down.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/ny-steak-week…-x2.321163/
Nice, they look great. I do similar, hot pan touch of salt and plenty of time. I usually add some onion halfway through, then butter red wine (or beer) and a lil woosy at the end. Total time about 20min. Got the basic technique off chowhound back in the day before that site went to crap. Yeah, shrooms get cooking well before the steak sees the heat.

Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky