Grilled Pollo Tapatio With Refried Beans & Salsa Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's an amazing meal Jake!

I got an experiment for you that will throw your Tex/Mex and Mexican cooking into high gear and is super simple.

Take a skillet it put it on your stove burner on high. Throw a flour tortilla in it and warm up the tortilla BUT make sure the tortilla gets a little crispy on both sides.
"A little crispy" meaning where you can still bend and fold it but it begins to crack a little but NOT split and break up.

Throw some butter in one, roll it up and try it out (butter is just for extra fun).

You will notice that you have now cooked out all off/plastic/Styrofoam flavors from your tortillas and they have amazing flavor u want with your tortillas. If you make homemade u dont have to do this but the store bought ones it is mandatory in my household to warm them this way :)

Let me know if u give this a shot and what you think :)
Thanks. We used to eat them like that as a kid when I lived in San Antonio. We normally buy the raw tortillas and cook them on the grill or Blackstone

Reactions: tallbm
That's one damned impressive looking meal Jake. Great job buddy. You were right a while back. When all this virus mess is behind us, we need to plan a get together.

Dave

I'd tear that up. Have not found anything Mexican, Tex/Mex or Southwestern that I don't enjoy...JJ

That's one damned impressive looking meal Jake. Great job buddy. You were right a while back. When all this virus mess is behind us, we need to plan a get together.

Dave
Thanks Dave and yep we definitely need to do beers and smoke

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky