• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Grilled Pollo Tapatio With Refried Beans & Salsa Rice

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
That's an amazing meal Jake!

I got an experiment for you that will throw your Tex/Mex and Mexican cooking into high gear and is super simple.

Take a skillet it put it on your stove burner on high. Throw a flour tortilla in it and warm up the tortilla BUT make sure the tortilla gets a little crispy on both sides.
"A little crispy" meaning where you can still bend and fold it but it begins to crack a little but NOT split and break up.

Throw some butter in one, roll it up and try it out (butter is just for extra fun).

You will notice that you have now cooked out all off/plastic/Styrofoam flavors from your tortillas and they have amazing flavor u want with your tortillas. If you make homemade u dont have to do this but the store bought ones it is mandatory in my household to warm them this way :)

Let me know if u give this a shot and what you think :)
Thanks. We used to eat them like that as a kid when I lived in San Antonio. We normally buy the raw tortillas and cook them on the grill or Blackstone

Smokin' in AZ

Master of the Pit
Joined Jul 13, 2019
WOW Jake that is some spread, looks freaking fantastic.

Great Job!

GREAT BIG LIKE!

John

5GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 12, 2018
That's one damned impressive looking meal Jake. Great job buddy. You were right a while back. When all this virus mess is behind us, we need to plan a get together.

Dave

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I'd tear that up. Have not found anything Mexican, Tex/Mex or Southwestern that I don't enjoy...JJ

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Wow another one by Jake. Amazing when we are staying at home what we can do with the extra time.

Warren

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
That's one damned impressive looking meal Jake. Great job buddy. You were right a while back. When all this virus mess is behind us, we need to plan a get together.

Dave
Thanks Dave and yep we definitely need to do beers and smoke

tander28

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 7, 2016
Looks awesome except for the mushrooms (I'm allergic), in all seriousness great job!

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
Outrageous! OMG YUM!!! such a great cook!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.