Grill-Smoked Sri-Lankan Roasted Curry Pork Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beerich

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
Toronto
  • Back ribs, membrane off
  • Olive oil
  • Smoked Sri-Lankan curry powder
  • Pink Himalayan salt
  • Cherry chips in a smoker tube (didn't work out very well, need an updated approach to this)

• 2 hours smoke at 250F
  • 2 hours wrap at 250F
  • 1 hour unwrap at 250F

Not bad.

IMG_1073.JPG IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG IMG_1097.JPG

Nothing. I forgot it's meant to be used directly on top of one of those flavour bars. I thought I could use it like a different tube that has more perforations. So the smoke didn't really take as it was sitting on the grill top. Next time, down underneath.

Looks good and love the non standard flavor profile. You get the fever for smoke you may just have to switch to something charcoal and wood based :)

Reactions: beerich
I love the flavors that different cultures of the world bring to the table. We don’t always have to stick with what’s familiar. I’m going to have to try that. The ribs look beautiful.
Hit up your bulk food place as they have a billion spices and combinations. I did some lemon pepper ribs before this.

Reactions: Sven Svensson
The ribs look really good to me.
Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: beerich
The good thing about proper Indian masalas (find a good place to buy them), is that they usually don't have salt in them. They give you that option. In fact, this masala is rather bland without the addition of salt.

Reactions: Sven Svensson
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky