Grill Mats? Yes or No??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As far as I'm concerned, the best barbecue mats altogether are designed and built with the target of giving a nonstick and elastic dark rectangle that individuals can more often than not use to facilitate their BBQ cooking background. All you need is to search with regards to the best flame broil mats that are vastly sized, possess a sufficient measure of PTFE covering and are adequately thick to cook within a level and regular way.

I'd well and truly appreciate if you could kindly please share your feedback. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would plan to get a grill mat that helps to protect my deck or patio from burning or stains.
And before buying one I found this list that included a list of grill mats. But I am not sure which one I should buy.

As far as I'm concerned, the best barbecue mats altogether are designed and built with the target of giving a nonstick and elastic dark rectangle that individuals can more often than not use to facilitate their BBQ cooking background. All you need is to search with regards to the best flame broil mats that are vastly sized, possess a sufficient measure of PTFE covering and are adequately thick to cook within a level and regular way.

I'd well and truly appreciate if you could kindly please share your feedback. :)
I got the Bradley silicone mats back when I had their smoker... now departed but still using those. I use for small or fragile items. Still have to clean the supporting racks, so not so much a work saver, but a cook saver.
I would plan to get a grill mat that helps to protect my deck or patio from burning or stains.
And before buying one I found this list that included a list of grill mats. But I am not sure which one I should buy.
Talking different mats here ... I used one once upon a time, but it also seemed to trap moisture, so don’t use anymore. And I’m transitioning to a hard surface patio anyway, so moot going forward.

I also got a grill mat from online order, in fact it is quite useful, protects the deck & patio from stains. I used it since august 2020. You will find a lot of grill mats in the market. If you want to buy a grill mat, buy a good grill mat within 30-50$ and use it safely for at least 1 year. If you want to know, I can tell you name of Grill Mate which i used.

i use the copper mats on grill all time for many thing i like chicken thighs on them the brown so nice and can cook at little higher temps. and onions n veggies n burgers at high heat.. tto clean the mat i use the plastic pan scrappers after cooled n easy wash.. sure they get charred but no problem

Last edited:
So by "grill mats" are you using the ones with holes or the ones that are solid?

The only reason I ask is you mention the juices collecting on the mat.

The ones the guys above are referring too are these sold here:

http://www.amazenproducts.com/category_s/46.htm

These are what most of us use here. I use them whenever I am smoking things I don't want to fall through like meatloaf, meatballs, nuts, fish, etc. Easy
to clean and as JJ's link shows, tough as nails. I highly recommend the Q-matz.
It appears Todd isn't selling his matz anymore, the link for his store is bad.

I use a black flame retardant mat that I got from Rose's for $10. Catches all the grease and gunk

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky