Griddle For Pellet smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kgoyanks

Original poster
Mar 30, 2019
Anthem AZ
Who has purchased griddles to add to their pellet smoker and do you like them? I have a louisiana and the fire pot is on the left side so I am concerned it won't generate the heat in the funnel section of the griddle to work well. Anyone have any suggestions?

We live in a crazy world.
Using grills to smoke, now you want to add a griddle attachment to them as well?🚀:emoji_zipper_mouth:😂

While not intentionally designed for a pellet grill this might work.

There are also griddles made by Lodge.

Almost forgot about the GrillGrate aluminum griddles than fit together.

What are you planing on cooking and for how many people? Any of the above will work reasonably well but the size of the griddle is limited. I have a Lodge. It will fit 4 Strip Steaks, 6 -1/4 pound Burgers , 3-4 Smash Burgers or Dinner Sized Pancakes. I feed 5 at a time now and would have to Cook and Hold until enough was made. Sometimes quality would suffer. Back in June my Wife bought me a Char-Griller 48" Gas Griddle. That has enough room to feed us all at the same time. Black Friday and Christmas Sales are coming. There may be a nice deal to be had on a stand alone Griddle...JJ

Reactions: 912smoker
There may be a nice deal to be had on a stand alone Griddle...JJ
I agree .
I was at the local Lowes the other day and they had Blackstones stacked 3 high and about 30 in the stack .
30" with 2 side shelves , a front basket and a hard lid cover for $299.00
36" same config was $399.00
They make great food .

Thanks all, just trying to add to my set up, I got a kamado, a built in gas and a pellet grill. Wanting to do different stuff and maximize what I have. Love the Blackstone but not sure about adding another big "grill" to my space. I appreciate all of the feedback and will keep looking.

I bought the RT one when I purchased by 590. Have only used it twice. Lose so much heat each time you need to flip or whatever. Big bulky thing was a PITA to wash when done.
22" Blackstone is much nicer I think and use that a lot.

Reactions: chopsaw
I agree .
I was at the local Lowes the other day and they had Blackstones stacked 3 high and about 30 in the stack .
30" with 2 side shelves , a front basket and a hard lid cover for $299.00
36" same config was $399.00
They make great food .
Walmart has the blackstone 36 with hard cover for $297, Just ordered, how ever i might wait to open it to see if they have black Friday deal

Reactions: chopsaw
a built in gas
Now that you mention that , I fry chicken on my gas with a sheet pan and non stick foil .
Might be better option to look for something to go with your gas grill .

Walmart has the blackstone 36 with hard cover for $297
Nice . I got my original 28" from Walmart for $99.00 on closeout .

Reactions: clifish and mike243
I just went and looked for the heck of it . Man they have some sweet setups for gas grills . Makes me want one even though I have the blackstone .
Then I got to thinking maybe the blackstone top fits in my Genesis . I'll be checking that out today .

Griddles don't work well in pellet grills. Pellet grills are like an oven and are meant to heat with the lid closed. You could heat the griddle up with the lid closed, but it will cool off rapidly once you open the lid. And even if you have a pellet grill that sears, you'll have a tough time getting even heat across the griddle. I tried and gave up.

Reactions: JWFokker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky