Greetings!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kpnkrunch

Original poster
May 31, 2008
Chula Vista
Greetings Everyone!

So much great information on here! I am new to the forum but not new to smoking meat. I've been banking the coals on my old Weber to smoke brisket, ribs, chicken, etc. for a few years. I received a little red Charbroil H2O smoker a few months ago and I'm learning how to use it. I live in Chula Vista, CA (the Southern part of San Diego County) where we have many months of BBQ-friendly weather. My family loves my work but my poor neighbors keep checking to see if our house is on fire!

Nice to be here!

Kpnkrunch

Next time you fire up that smoker walk them over a brew pop & a plate of whatever ya smoked...then the next time you fire it up they will be over with the brew pops, and side dishes!!
Enjoy, and don't for get the Q-VUE

Welcome... and don't worry about the fire shy neighbors. just invite them to a dinner... and if they can't tell the difference between a house and hickory... forget 'em LOL!

I like that "House or Hickory" LOL... Hey Kpn that very well may want to be somethin you keep a secret (They may want ya to do it all the time or expect some everytime they smell the hickory ha ha ha). Gald you are here and welcome aboard the SMF train.... You luv it here, so many great people in here and full of so much knowledge its unreal.. Again welcome aboard......

Welcome friend from the south, glad to have another So. Cal. smokee join the SMF.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I've been off and on the forum all day as I have 2 butts in the smoker and a crowd coming over for dinner. Wish me luck! - Krunch

LUCK!!
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

Welcome to the SMF family, Kapn! This is a great place that is built on great members, glad you've joined!

Hope those butts turn out well for ya. If you get a few shots of them with the camera, let's see that qvue!
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum. There are lots of friendly folks around here with tons of knowledge and ideas. Just browse through the threads and check out anything that catches your eye. Be sure to throw your two cents in anytime you can.

I found this site this week and now I feel I have a place I can get great info!!!!
icon_smile.gif

I bought my first smoker 2-weeks ago. I got a Brickman electric. I was blown away. The bad part was I had to use in it in the front of the house and it was limited to the amount of food. Great unit, just needed to get it to the back yard where I have the grill and tunes. I bumbed up to the GOSM big gas unit today and set it up out back. I'm seasoning the unit now. I'M SO HAPPY!!!

The bad part is I have smoked soooooo much food, we can't eat that fast. Still playing with rubs and sauces and having the time of my life. This site has been a big help in learning.

I've done some mods to the new cooker because of this site. I've used the small smoke box that came with it and turned it upside down over the side handle as a shelf for the meat thermo. Works out nice.
I've also found a great valve at HD to read the propane tank. Well worth the cost. Check out the pixs.
ab35a3da_vbattach18424.jpg

c5b5dd9d_vbattach18423.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky