Greetings to my smoky meat loving friends!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jonestista

Original poster
Nov 18, 2015
Hi,

I have been on the forum a few times and decided to join. So much good information, help and a lot of great people. I have a unique situation in that I am an American and I live in the Philippines, but work some in the United States. I have grown up on smoked salmon as my grand parents caught many and smoked a lot. They always used the same simple brine, so I was amazed when I found there was so many different ways, chips and brines one could use to change the flavors. I will be living permanently in the Philippines in about six months and want to continue my smoking after I stay. Making a smoker is the easy part.. figuring out what woods to use for chips is a little harder.. Thank you for all your wonderful information and help and for allowing me to join this great group!

Welcome to the board! We have some members in Asia and Australia who can advise you on woods.

It seems a lot of the Asian  members have to build their own smokers, apparently it's just not a common thing there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky