Greetings from the UK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sp3ctre

Original poster
Jul 20, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am from the UK (Knaresborough, in case anyone is familiar). I have been a Weber fan for a long time but never really got along with controlling the heat so stuck to flipping burgers and sausages (and pizza).

A few weeks ago I took delivery of a Yoder YS640S, imported from the States.... very impressed so far but looking forward to learning more about how to get the best from it. The UK area of this site seems a bit slow but I guess for a large part BBQ is BBQ.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and look forward to learning from you all.

Jim

Welcome from one Jim to another. The Yoder is on heck of a heavy built Smoker. I can't fathom the cost of what an expensive unit to begin with is, plus shipping to the UK. You came to the right place. Lots of helpful people here...JJ

Reactions: sp3ctre
Welcome from one Jim to another. The Yoder is on heck of a heavy built Smoker. I can't fathom the cost of what an expensive unit to begin with is, plus shipping to the UK. You came to the right place. Lots of helpful people here...JJ

Thanks for the welcome, Jim ... I'd rather not think about the cost, been trying to block it out, lol! It's certainly a solid bit of kit though, and hopefully built to last.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, will get some photos up when I get something I can be proud of off it. So far I have tried a whole chicken (pretty nice), Ribs (following Aaron Franklin's youtube video) which turned out quite nice, and my fave so far is Chorizo and cheese filled Jalapenos wrapped in bacon (Meat Church Recipe).... Next experiment will be pulled pork followed by burnt ends :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky