• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Greetings from the Sonoran Desert!

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 30, 2018
I do the same with my Pro 100, gets up to 150º all by itself! RAY

Ray, I think the highest i've ever been able to hit on the solar pre-heat is 105°. You'd think since I'm closer to the sun at my elevation I'd be able to reach 150° too.
Free heating is always welcomed in my book.

bigfurmn

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 25, 2016
Welcome from Minnesota, I don’t have your issues with too hot until about July.

sawhorseray

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
We had 50 days last year when the temp was 110º or higher out on the covered patio. We just had misters installed, should make quite a difference! RAY

DSCN2076.JPG
DSCN3758.JPG

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Welcome from Nova Scotia

our temps here in NS do not get that high, in summer we hover around 25 - 30 C (77 - 86 F ) I can't imagine 1110 for normal days , My hammer would be slipping out of my hand if I was stupid enough to work in that heat unless an emergency

Ray sawhorseray sawhorseray , love the mister set up , hope that cools it down some

David

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 30, 2018

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.