Greetings from the "Keystone" State

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin' burt

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 14, 2007
Northeast Pennsylvania
Hello all. I know I'm under the "just getting started" label...but I've been smoking fish and game since 1982 when I got my first electric smoker as a Xmas present. Thought I knew it all and then found this site... here's where the fun begins...anyway, Hello to my fellow smokers and may we share many recipes, tecniques and swap lies over the course of our time spent together....SMB

Welcome aboard, there is a good group of folks here from Pa. Glad you found us.
icon_wink.gif

Welcome to the SMF SMOKIN' BURT!!! Looking foward to reading your post's and "swaping some lies" with you.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome, welcome! Glad you are here! Don't forget, we live food pron. Take lots of pics.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

BTW - I grew up in PA, and my father in law still lives in Bradford County, PA.

Welcome aboard from a Southeastern PA resident...You'll have ideas out the wazoo after reading this site. Although, when you mention fish, opening day is just around the corner!!! Did my first fresh smoked trout last year. It was awesome!

Anyway, settle in and get reading!!

Nice to have you join us, Burt. Looking forward to your contributions to this GREAT site!

Enjoy!

Thanks to all you good folks for welcoming me aboard. I have been smokin' on electric smokers for about 25 yrs. now (mostly fish) and I'm on my 3rd one. I have a few basic recipes I use because they are "tried and true" and they're probably nothing any of you hasn't seen, done, tried, etc. etc. I don't smoke a lot of meats...maybe some Venison once in awhile or some sausages because I'm really not impressed with the way electric smokers work on Gamemeat. I have the plans and I want to build a larger smoker from an old (steel lined) refrigerator. I plan on using gas vs electric for the heat source as I have researched some and concluded that gas is easier to control temperature with and for the simple fact that as the power goes out in the rural area I live in I know I'll be able to continue my smoking process without interruption. I want to start doing a lot more "cold smoking" and be able to do more volume as well. Any ideas, suggestions, or info in general would be greatly appreciated. I also have some good sausage recipes I'll get around to sharing as well. Thank you all again......SMB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky